EV Charging?

I already have a hybrid and wanted to go full electric. I have done some looking into just charging from a 3 point plug and running a connecter doing this in the golden cheap time could be the option. But its only going to be minimal miles added per 5 to 6 hour window. Maybe 35 but for 80p. So this might be an option

Top of Manchester Road near Alkrington there are some houses that are elevated by steps. Cars park on the main road. At least two houses now have extra long wires going from the house all the way down to the road to be plugged into the car. Potential for a couple of broken ankles if you trip up over them.

If that is what it’s going to be like when we are all supposed to have one they can fuck right off.
If i were to do an extension lead situation i would use those hard plastic covers, to be safe.
Agree with all the above. If you can’t charge at the cheap overnight rates at home I don’t think you’ll see the financial benefit of it. Charging at petrol/service stations can be VERY expensive.
Its astronimical
Being an EV owner I think most on here are correct, if you can’t cheap charge at home then ICE is the answer at present. I rarely charge away from home as it is so expensive. It is time that this was sorted as companies like Instavolt etc are taking the p1ss. It is comparatively dearer to charge your car at these places than filling up with petrol/diesel.

Average car does 10 miles per litre, so about 15p a mile.
My Eniro averages about 4 miles per KW and a Kw is about 80p so 20p a mile.
At home 9p a Kw so 2.25p a mile.
ive read by the start of next year tesla superchargers are opning up their superfast charging stations and adapters will be available.

Ignore these twats taking the piss.

The simple answer is to get a small Honda petrol generator.
When you park up, pop it out of the boot and plug your EV in.
If your only do low miles, you should get away with a 5L fuel can that can be filled up at any Petrol station.
I think the only problem i can see is the noise of the generator. But at least you are saving the planet from fossil fuels etc.

So there you go, problems solved...;)

Top of Manchester Road near Alkrington there are some houses that are elevated by steps. Cars park on the main road. At least two houses now have extra long wires going from the house all the way down to the road to be plugged into the car. Potential for a couple of broken ankles if you trip up over them.

If that is what it’s going to be like when we are all supposed to have one they can fuck right off.
Not to mention scrotes and ne'er do wells unplugging them for laughs...or worse.

I already have a hybrid and wanted to go full electric. I have done some looking into just charging from a 3 point plug and running a connecter doing this in the golden cheap time could be the option. But its only going to be minimal miles added per 5 to 6 hour window. Maybe 35 but for 80p. So this might be an option
You're mad if you go down the route of full EV in your circumstances. Stick with your hybrid until the charging infrastructure is better.

If your only do low miles, you should get away with a 5L fuel can that can be filled up at any Petrol station.
I think the only problem i can see is the noise of the generator. But at least you are saving the planet from fossil fuels etc.

I won't have room for a Jerry can with all the hamster wheels I'm going to set up to a dynamo.

I have an electric jag, love it works brilliantly for me, in your circumstance I don’t think it works, public charging is to expensive to do it all the time, could you charge at work?

You're mad if you go down the route of full EV in your circumstances. Stick with your hybrid until the charging infrastructure is better.
I'm on motability so my car is due a renewal and I have to put my request in next month. So I can't just stick with unfortunately, I'd happily extend it do like for like unfortunately that option isn't there, hybrids now require 1.5k down payment and straight petrol diesel for the size I need are around the same. Hence me mentioning the push on EVs by motability.

Nah you want an old diesel generator and run it on used cooking oil. Pretty much free motoring if you know someone with a chippy and no clean air zone charges.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.