Evan Ferguson

Looks a really good talent, but I think that would be a bad move for him. He’s starting regularly for Brighton, which he wouldn’t at city

What about a future agreed transfer?

Or if not, he could spend some time at Girona and experience La Liga football…
Perhaps, but I don't see what benefit that would provide him or Brighton.

Brighton has improved as a team, and Evan Ferguson has been having a lot of time lately but I’m just not convinced yet.

Our Palmer is 21 now but I’d chance him over Evan Ferguson. Palmer has been given fewer game time now. Last year Palmer did score 3 goals in 11 or so non PL games, including his CL goal. Understanding he can score more, but he’s a better all-round attacking player and his start last week showed me a composed forward in the box. Likely will have fewer opportunities now with Haaland and Alvarez in. Palmer is the next Iheanacho.

One thing I know for sure is that if we was English, and not Irish, a lot of people would be constantly spouting about how over-hyped he is and that he's proven nothing yet.

Brighton has improved as a team, and Evan Ferguson has been having a lot of time lately but I’m just not convinced yet.

Our Palmer is 21 now but I’d chance him over Evan Ferguson. Palmer has been given fewer game time now. Last year Palmer did score 3 goals in 11 or so non PL games, including his CL goal. Understanding he can score more, but he’s a better all-round attacking player and his start last week showed me a composed forward in the box. Likely will have fewer opportunities now with Haaland and Alvarez in. Palmer is the next Iheanacho.
By his own admission Palmer has said he's not made the most of this season's opportunities through a combination of injury & loss of form.

To be fair I believe Pep is to blame for some of that because at the beginning of the season, every time Palmer was used, he played centrally.

At the weekend he played as a winger & excelled. I hope he gets over his injury & form issues & fulfils his vast potential here with us.

As for Ferguson, obviously he's a striker so is different to Palmer, but there's just something about the kid I like, hence today's reports of not just Spuds & City taking a closer look at him, so are several other top level clubs too...

the most exciting talent to burst onto the scene this season. Can't see him moving here but I'll be following his career closely.

Perhaps, but I don't see what benefit that would provide him or Brighton.
Well, for him it’s a guaranteed move in the bag to one of the world’s best-ran clubs and to play under the world’s best manager.

For Brighton, it’s future guaranteed income, and they get to hold onto his services in the mean time.

I would also prefer to give Palmer more minutes instead of bringing someone in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.