Evan Ferguson

A love to City would be a very bad move for him, he wouldn’t play here outside of domestic cup games or CL dead rubbers.

People need to calm down with him a bit. He's done well and looks a prospect but people are talking like he's a sure thing to be the next Rooney.

I was thinking of creating a thread for him myself but I read a while back that he's defo a lifelong fan of the rags and that's surely a big stumbling block... Can't argue that he's a very talented kid for his current age though and he handles pressure like a natural, if he's smart he'll fully commit to staying at Brighton for at least a few years to develop.

View attachment 80552

The little I've seen of him, I can't help but notice his uncanny similarity to Harry Kane.

https://www.manchestercity.news/manchester-city-interested-in-evan-ferguson-transfer/

I think he's much more advanced and a lot further ahead of what Kane was at that age but Kane was a late developer, and I'm certainly not going to say that he'll defo reach Kane's level as that's crazy to suggest it's a long way to go.

I remember hearing about this kid bullying Chelsea's first team defence at 14 years of age in a friendly for Bohemians it's when he caught the eye, many top clubs around Europe wanted him immediately including I imagine us too at just 14 when he made his league of Ireland debut but he smartly chose Brighton, personally I think he's easily Ireland's best young talent by far since Duff and Robbie Keane came along at around the same time, although that doesn't say a lot about Ireland's recent history he should already be their main striker going forward.

I think even if he's not a rag and I've maybe got that one wrong the very best place for him right now is Brighton, unless he's got a release fee he won't be going this summer for any less than £60m and I'm not joking there he is a top talent for his age.

People need to calm down with him a bit. He's done well and looks a prospect but people are talking like he's a sure thing to be the next Rooney.
I agree - let him develop and don't pile pressure on.

Otherwise you can file him with: Francis Jeffers, Freddie Sears, Neil Mellor and many others

I agree with both of you not a sure thing to be the next Rooney but the kid has nerves of steel he's going to be at least a Premier League player though even if he's just a Kevin Davies type, the quality Is already there to suggest he's much more and he's going to at least be Dean Ashton level and he was very unlucky.

Not suggesting we should sign as he's a rag as far as I know but he's as assured and mature as any teenager striker I've seen confidence wise, that doesn't mean he's going to be world class but bar injuries and only injuries this kid is going to have nailed on solid Premier League career at worst.

Last edited:
I don’t know lads, surname aside what’s not to like?

Brighton will be bombarded with offers if he keeps producing the goods.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.