Even five years on, I STILL think I'm dreaming.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I do wonder if some of our supporters have truly savoured things as much as they could have. Some folk don't really seem to be enjoying the experience very much, which is a shame for them.

That's true, we really need to savour these days.

For me, Noel Gallagher has summed it up in a couple of interviews over the last couple of weeks.

He said that City fans "of a certain generation" will probably never get used to City winning things as regularly as we are - and thats something I still find weird trying to come to terms with because as has already been said, we never thought we would have days like these.

We hoped, but we never really thought it.

Gallagher also said he finds it strange when he hears the media and pundits saying about City being a "force" or becoming a "European powerhouse" and yet us fans just think "no we're not, we're just City.......from Maine Road"

Haters can hate, there isn't one fan of any other club who wouldn't want what we are having.

ctidcarl said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I do wonder if some of our supporters have truly savoured things as much as they could have. Some folk don't really seem to be enjoying the experience very much, which is a shame for them.

That's true, we really need to savour these days.

For me, Noel Gallagher has summed it up in a couple of interviews over the last couple of weeks.

He said that City fans "of a certain generation" will probably never get used to City winning things as regularly as we are - and thats something I still find weird trying to come to terms with because as has already been said, we never thought we would have days like these.

We hoped, but we never really thought it.

Gallagher also said he finds it strange when he hears the media and pundits saying about City being a "force" or becoming a "European powerhouse" and yet us fans just think "no we're not, we're just City.......from Maine Road"

Haters can hate, there isn't one fan of any other club who wouldn't want what we are having.
That's just how I feel. It's hard to get used to us not being shite anymore (Wigan notwithstanding!).

manimanc said:
From chesterfield to Wycombe, to luton and lincoln, we went en masse to follow city.....
From 4007 at home to mansfield to york away. .....
Our day in the sunshine is fully deserved.

I think it was even worse...3007 v Mansfield I thought..and yes I was there that night!

Tbilisi said:
manimanc said:
From chesterfield to Wycombe, to luton and lincoln, we went en masse to follow city.....

I think it was even worse...3007 v Mansfield I thought..and yes I was there that night!
What about that 1st round match against Halifax . That was a cold night and a game I wished id stayed at home . Bloody hell its season like now that make you think that was bad nightmare we had 15 years ago .

manimanc said:

And long may it continue

Tbilisi said:
manimanc said:

... But a misleading attendance and a number the rags use. It was the autoglass Sherpa van 3rd and 4th division northern division trophy qualifier. Most of us didn't want to know. We didn't want to be in that trophy never mind progress in it. The team was unrecognisable. Fair play to you but I do wonder why anyone actually turned up for that night. We know that the mirror used it against us despite the fact that we were getting 30k attendance in the league.

Only born in 1994 so i have not suffered as much as some. However growing up in Portsmouth as seemingly the only City fan, i would go as far as saying i had a pretty awful childhood as far as football goes. Going into school the next day after City were beaten 8-1 by Middlesbrough, was pretty traumatic to say the least.

I know we still fall on our faces from time to time, but watching a game be it on TV or in the ground and expecting to win is still a very alien feeling. There will always be jealous fans, people who wish they were in our position. As someone commented above, we experienced something most fans will never know.

I for one still feel like i am dreaming the mere idea of us being Champions of England still seems unreal to me. Almost as unreal as ManU finishing 7th...

CTID!

The Colonel said:
Tbilisi said:
manimanc said:

... But a misleading attendance and a number the rags use. It was the autoglass Sherpa van 3rd and 4th division northern division trophy qualifier. Most of us didn't want to know. We didn't want to be in that trophy never mind progress in it. The team was unrecognisable. Fair play to you but I do wonder why anyone actually turned up for that night. We know that the mirror used it against us despite the fact that we were getting 30k attendance in the league.

lmao i remember wanting us to win the autoglass trophy i saw it as our gateway into europe, not sure if it was actualy the case but i believed by winning it, it put you in the super early rounds of the intertoto cup, european domination then awaited. I was young :)

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
Nice OP. Yep still pinching myself.

Number of domestic trophies won last 4 seasons from 2010/2011:

City 4
Rags 2
Chelsea 1
Arsenal 1
Liverpool 1
Swansea 1
Birmingham 1
Wigan 1
Hah, if we'd done the job against Wigan we'd have as many domestic trophies in that period as the sky 4 put together!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.