Ever decreasing circles deliver us...

“. . . I would stand,
If the night blackened with a coming storm,
Beneath some rock, listening to notes that are
The ghostly language of the ancient earth,
Or make their dim abode in distant winds.
Thence did I drink the visionary power;
And deem not profitless those fleeting moods
Of shadowy exultation: not for this,
That they are kindred to our purer mind
And intellectual life; but that the soul,
Remembering how she felt, but what she felt
Remembering not, retains an obscure sense
Of possible sublimity. . . .”

the pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle
the chalice from the palace holds the brew that is true

For what is a man? What has he got?
If not himself - Then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way.

For God's sake, let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of Kings.
How some have been deposed, some slain in war. Some haunted by the ghosts they have deposed, some poisoned by thier wifes, some sleeping killed. All murdered.

For within the hollow crown that rounds the mortal temples of a king keeps death its court, and there the antic sits scoffing his state and grinning at his pomp. Allowing him a breath, a little scene, to monarchise, be feared and kill with looks, infusing him with self and vain conceit as if this flesh which walls about our lives were brass impregnable, and humoured thus comes at last and with a little pin bores through his castle walls, and farewell King.

Shakespeare, King Richard ii, Act iii, scene ii

(Google only got bashed for the italics bit, so apologies for any inaccuracies)

Not being a smart arse, it's the only Shakespeare quote I know. I just liked it and spent ages trying to remember it.

Does this mean I'm ITK?

DrBlueBob said:
For God's sake, let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of Kings.
How some have been deposed, some slain in war. Some haunted by the ghosts they have deposed, some poisoned by thier wifes, some sleeping killed. All murdered.

For within the hollow crown that rounds the mortal temples of a king keeps death its court, and there the antic sits. Allowing him a breath, a little scene, to monarchise, be feared and kill with looks, infusing him with self and vain conceit as if this flesh which walls about our lives were brass impregnable, and humoured thus comes at last and with a little pin bores through his castle walls, and farewell King.

Not being a smart arse, it's the only Shakespeare quote I know. I just liked it and spent ages trying to remember it.

Does this mean I'm ITK?

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

fbloke said:
DrBlueBob said:

For within the hollow crown that rounds the mortal temples of a king keeps death its court, and there the antic sits. Allowing him a breath, a little scene, to monarchise, be feared and kill with looks, infusing him with self and vain conceit as if this flesh which walls about our lives were brass impregnable, and humoured thus comes at last and with a little pin bores through his castle walls, and farewell King.

Does this mean I'm ITK?

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

That reminds me, I must get the lamb in to marinade for the barbecue.

I'm not really an ITK you know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.