Ever seen a City non-derby game played at Old Trafford?

During the Luton game we went 2 down before going on to win.

A song started;

2 nil down
3-2 up
Now we're gonna win the cup
Na na nana na nana na na.

Sadly we didn't!

lancashirelad said:
Didsbury Dave said:
liscal said:
I went there in the mid/late seventies to see us play Luton in a 2nd replay in the League Cup. Seem to remember their keeper, Milija Aleksic (later played for Spurs), had a blinder. Can't recall the score, but pretty sure we won. The crowd was small, with a lot of the ground closed. I stood in the Stetford End.

I don't remember this at all. Anyone remember why it was at Old Trafford? Was it seen as a neutral ground or something?
it was a second replay, hence neutral ground we won 3 2 on the way to the league cup final of 76
Remember it quite well as it was the only time I nearly got arrested watching football, I kept climbing on the fence at the bottom of the stretford end, I was warned twice by the same copper, the third time he promised I'd be leaving if I did it again, and that I wouldn't enjoy the experience in his van outside, I had no idea what he meant, but I was 14 so wasn't going to take the chance.

we won 3 2 on the way to the league cup final of 76

almost - it was the 77-78 season when we went on to eventually get knocked out by the gooners

I remember being one of what felt like 10k Blues jammed into a single block in the Stretford End!

Nope but remember 35 years ago watching England school boys playing there midweek and having to ask my brother to go as I was too young to go on my own, even thou it was a school trip. Just wished it was at Maine road.

Yep, was at the Luton game stood in the Stretford end as a spotty 13 year old. Remember the programme was a piece of A4 folded in half if Im not mistaken, probably still got it somewhere.

I went to a couple of games played at OT during Euro 96

Prior to that , in the mid-eighties I started 'doing the grounds' and I intended to go to Gigg Lane , Bury (having 'done' OT the year before against Leicester City!!) - however there was a bus strike in Bury and , as I was young and foolish , decided to go to OT instead - I wanted to take it some football that day having travelled from Birmingham so off there I went - I know I know!!!

Kill me now!!!!

Once went to a police final there about 1964/65 I think.

Can’t say which forces played, was something like Manchester and Oldham but not sure.

Got to say from what I remember, it has to be one of the dirtiest and most physical games I have ever seen. Talk about two footed challenges, it was incredible some of the tackles that were flying in that day. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

The first replay against Luton was a drab 0-0 draw with an extra half hour to boot. The referee was a portly chap and pulled up some time during the first half with an injury. The replacement ref made some bad decisions, which brought the Kippax to chant 'We want the fat twat back!'. This chant then carried on to subsequent games, every time a decision went against us. It carried on for a year or two, to the degree that some fans had no idea who the fat twat was, as they weren't at the initial game.

yep was at the luton and alty games

the alty game was funny as there were so many blues in the stretford end with spray paint and marker pens leaving messages for the rags next game lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.