Ever seen what goes on inside a slaughterhouse?

I like the argument that vegetarians are wrong for refusing to bow to their animal instincts.

Yet when a rapist or a murderer or just someone who kicks fuck out of someone does something they get slagged for not controlling their animal instincts.

Once upon a time man had no choice. In 2010 we have choices. I choose to not eat meat. It's really no big deal.

Man once had to do lots of things that are thankfully now long gone. Raping, pillaging, battering people to death, being a general ****, all part of our animal/human nature. We expect people to reign in their baser desires. Except vegetarians.

Also you forgot to mention Hitler was a vegetarian. Poor showing really, that should be the 2nd jibe after the going for the gay angle.

Next weeks discussion will focus on Beatlemania, boys with long hair and the threat of mini skirt.

talkativesprout said:
BlueSam said:
Ok to answer your question.

Do we humans in the Western world still live in a Dawinian survival of the fittest environment? Or have we moved past that to where we can now seperate ourselves from such behaviour? with over 1 billion overweight in the developed world and with the advances in Science and the insane amount of variety of nutritional non-meat foods about. I think we have.

Can i be blunt and have a actual conversation about my feelings, without liberal mindednes
I also work full time aswell as study thankyou very much for your puerile prejudices.

As was said at TED this year with the rapid growth in genetic engineering, we humans have now entered a change in our species, moving from homosapien to Homo evolutis- One who can alter his own existence and that of creatures and environments around him.
We should be looking to save everything we can.
can i be blunt and have a conversation without the needs for bars, or personal attck ?
Im glad you mentioned that, so you thing gm induced food should irradicate the need for natural farming, thus leading to miles of grazing land not land

talkativesprout said:
talkativesprout said:
can i be blunt and have a conversation without the needs for bars, or personal attck ?
Im glad you mentioned that, so you thing gm induced food should irradicate the need for natural farming, thus leading to miles of grazing land not land

I was talking about genetic engineering with regard to your "fuck the pandas" point.

The food science i was talking about was the readily available vegetarian diet that you can eat right now which doesnt include meat at all. Infact not even science, we have ready access to beans and nuts and allsorts for protein.. we just dont need it anymore. Without even getting into man made mycoproteins.

The GM crops arguement I cant say I am qualified to have an opinion on as I dont fully know the figures regarding benefits of land use etc so cant really comment.

TheMightyQuinn said:
I like the argument that vegetarians are wrong for refusing to bow to their animal instincts.

Yet when a rapist or a murderer or just someone who kicks fuck out of someone does something they get slagged for not controlling their animal instincts.

Once upon a time man had no choice. In 2010 we have choices. I choose to not eat meat. It's really no big deal.

Man once had to do lots of things that are thankfully now long gone. Raping, pillaging, battering people to death, being a general ****, all part of our animal/human nature. We expect people to reign in their baser desires. Except vegetarians.

Also you forgot to mention Hitler was a vegetarian. Poor showing really, that should be the 2nd jibe after the going for the gay angle.

Next weeks discussion will focus on Beatlemania, boys with long hair and the threat of mini skirt.

Choice yes.

But that animal instinct thing is balls. We never HAD to rape or pillage, They were just bad people who are remembered through history. Not many animals rape and pillage. The term of animal when we describe bad people is actually a bit derogatory to animals.
I'm not saying you should have to eat meat I just don't get liking the taste but choosing to eat a poor substitute thats made in a factory from mould.

Hitler was a veggie....fuckin priceless, see what happens when you dont get enough red meat in yer diet lol. Ghengis Khan also had a liking for rice, im guessing a connecion should be made

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.