Everton (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Disagree completely. No intent. Just as it hits an arm it shouldn't automatically be a penalty imo. As every pro has just said on the TV. Should never be given for anyone. Even Pep is frustrated with the current law.

I am not arguing there is intent, or that it is unnatural. I am arguing that both are immaterial.

There is often no intent to bring down a player with a last ditch tackle, and somethimes the momentum that does it is perfectly natural. But it is still a penalty and so is this.

Stuck £2 on 1-5 at half time at 200.
Was kindly offered £7 at 1-3 and typical city let me down again.
Season changing game today.
You can see the belief in the lads and you could hear it in the stands.
Best team in the world.

Truly repulsive. I don't often go on about the ref. They even out overall. But Jack was kicked to shit throughout the match, then he's booked for a non-foul!! He got the ball both times with the toe of his boot. That was what he was so irate about at the end, and for once, he was absolutely right.
Under orders from big bald H these refs.
Can see it a mile off

Re the penalty: If the one at Wembley v the rags was a penalty then the one tonight was 100% a penalty.

1000 times more of a penalty, you mean. Jack was jumping, and your impetus naturally takes your arm up with you. Anyone who's ever jumped knows that. Secondly, the ball was clearly stopped by the Everton player. The ball merely brushed Jack's arm. Thirdly, our shot was a certain goal. Theirs was a speculative cross from right on the edge of the box which could easily have come to absolutely nothing.
Hey, fuck it. I'm not going to replay both matches — we won both of them!

Good all round performance apart from Rodri who had a bit of an off day. Phil outstanding and was impressed by Kovacic when he came on. Although Foden’s goal was the most spectacular I was equally impressed with Bernardo keeping his cool when he scored.
Perhaps Rodri was not 100% fit?

the ridiculous debate about the penalty is overshadowing two fantastic goals by foden and silva, both beautifully clean and intelligent strikes, the correct decision made by the ref shouldnt overshadow those two pieces of quality

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.