Everton (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Thought we were playing well until the goal, which was totally against the run of play, then we lost our way for the rest of the half

Second half we were very very good and totally deserved the 3 points

I wish we could shake off the terrible habit of dominating teams and missing chance after chance then conceding a sloppy goal with the other teams first chance

Oh and Everton are shite. Typical Dyche long ball shite

I thought that was an excellent 2nd half recovery by you guys. Everton were bang at it, snarling and in your faces and the ref was letting a lot go (the irony wasn't lost on me that Stones got injured when the ref allowed play to go on after the offside yet in the Sp*rs game he didn't.....).

2nd half you were much more controlled and it has reinforced my view that City will win the league and my lot are fighting the Dippers for 2nd.

One caveat though - you have to defend much better than that. Everton have shit forwards - you don't want to be pissing around in the box like you did tonight against Salah or Odegaard for example as a better team would punish that more clinically.

Some criticism of Grealish on social media - I actually thought he did well - was an outlet on the left, held the ball up well allowing your midfield runners to burst through, and he draws the ire of defenders leaving space for the assassins like Foden and Silva.

Losing Stones is a big miss (poor lad is constantly injured) but he was able to walk off so hopefully just a niggle and not a long-term injury.

I'm not convinced about the lad Nunes - I'm not sure how he improves you - I think he makes you less effective. Also Rodri seemed to still be feeling his knock he picked up against Fluminense I thought.

Foden and Silva - world class in the 2nd half. Also re the pen and people complaining about that - based on current laws that's a clear penalty, arm away from body, hits arm before head, no idea why the post match commentary was even querying it. Stonewall based on current laws and if people don't like it then change the laws but until they do, that's a pen all day long.

Last edited:
That clap of thunder as we left the ground was the loudest I’ve ever heard!! Sounded like a bomb going off !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.