Everton (A) Post Match Thread

Didn’t think Foden had a great game but love how he goes snapping at heals after a misplaced pass or loses the ball. No complacency and fully deserves his place every game imo
Totally different ball game playing a central role than playing out wide, Wide men give the ball away quite a bit in any side and more times than not it wont cost a goal, Giving the ball away in midfield or caught out position can cost you and that's what happened tonight. He'll play out wide for the next 2/3 seasons before gradually getting into the central role. Great learning curve for him today.

Fcking brilliant win, its easy to think we are not playing as well as usual when its 1-1 at halftime, but we approach every game in the same way now. We probe/pass/pass/probe/pass continuously punishing mistakes and wearing opponents out as the game goes on, must be exhausting to play against us.

Haters gonna say we spent this/opponent didnt play well etc, some twat even said Pep "stumbled" upon this formula when this run started ffs.

What they should be highlighting is the training,dedication and tactical awareness throughout the squad that makes playing in such a fluid style look easy. Squad rotation/injuries is hardly a problem when various players can come in and out of the team without upsetting the balance.

We are bound to have an off day/bad luck at some point. but fck me we are in good shape atm.

Totally agree mate. Can you imagine these stupid questions asked in other sports commentary?

Could Lewis Hamilton win the Formula 1 with a Mondeo? Why doesn't he want to try?

Could Federer, the Williams sisters, Djokovic etc win Wimbledon with a racket from Decathlon? Why haven't they tried it?

Could Usain Bolt win the 100m if he trained in Chaddy Hall Park? Why hasn't he done it?

Could Lester Piggot win the Grand National on a slow horse? Why hasn't he tried it?

Could Aguero score 40 goals in Divistion 4? Why hasn't he wanted to go there to try?

All stupid questions, but the only one you ever hear from the commentators is whether Pep can win trophies with Tranmere, Stockport or win the World Cup with Peru!!
Good post but Lester Piggott never rode in the Grand National and plenty of slow horses have won it, unfortunately I usually have a bet on the even slower horses. Lester is a bit of a hero of mine, his balance and reading of a race was sublime, a bit like Phil "Foalden" on horseback.

Good post but Lester Piggott never rode in the Grand National and plenty of slow horses have won it, unfortunately I usually have a bet on the even slower horses. Lester is a bit of a hero of mine, his balance and reading of a race was sublime, a bit like Phil "Foalden" on horseback.
Ha ha ha! I couldn't think of another jockey to be honest and I'm probably showing my age with Lester Piggott! :)

Arsenal fan Dixon strikes again ...
None of those players in our team were regarded as world class when we signed them. In fact we were mocked by the media for buying Stones, Walker, Sterling and even KDB. They said Rodri was too slow and Cancelo had flopped in his first season. Pep has made them world class just like the players he brought through from Barcelona's B team.
He built one of the greatest teams the world has seen at Barcelona. Lee Dixon would never have got in any of Pep's teams. Not ahead of Zinchenko nor Delph. Dixon was too slow and too poor technically, even at his peak. What he has to say about Pep has no value.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.