Everton (a) post-match thread

Anyone remember Stones tackling Sterling at the end of a 0-0 a few years back. Worst decision I have ever seen not to give a penalty.

Their manager
Can't abide Martinez. He tries to come across as a football intellectual, but he talks mainly nonsense like the rest of them.

September 2013, Villa equalised from a clear offside goal, he was giving expert analysis on Match of the Day. His expert opinion on the offside goal was that "the linesman did well to not give the offside".

What? Really? The linesman did well to make a mistake? How is that then? City lost 3-2.

These things even themselves out,we'll be on the end of shit var decisions between now and the end of the season, but Pep won't make a song and dance about it, pissed off probably but won't take it any further

We’ve definitely had some shitty var decisions go against us in the past and as day follows night we will be getting some in the next few weeks. However every club gets the rub of the green with regards to var and the indignation from some quarters is beyond a joke.

I was also a little Shocked at Lampards comments about it being incompetent at best. I thought better of him and by him saying that feeds into the narrow and bitter minds of other teams fans that somehow City are now paying the refs/stockley park et al.

Can't abide Martinez. He tries to come across as a football intellectual, but he talks mainly nonsense like the rest of them.

September 2013, Villa equalised from a clear offside goal, he was giving expert analysis on Match of the Day. His expert opinion on the offside goal was that "the linesman did well to not give the offside".

What? Really? The linesman did well to make a mistake? How is that then? City lost 3-2.
If you're going to bring that clown into it:
I remember the bollock he uttered on MOTD and will add another couple.
I think it was Sterling who was hacked down for a clear penalty very late in a game when we were level with them; 2015-16. The ref didn't give it and after the game Martinez came out with some bollocks along the lines of "The ref gave a very mature decision". A couple of weeks later we beat them in the League Cup semi and he was whinging like fuck just because Sterling (I think) crossed it after the ball had gone out of play; he wasn't talking about "mature decisions that night". - VAR would have corrected both decisions but Martinez came over as a total and utter fuckwit.
And I think we should have had a couple of penalties in the first leg but the view at Goodison ain't that great.

If you're going to bring that clown into it:
I remember the bollock he uttered on MOTD and will add another couple.
I think it was Sterling who was hacked down for a clear penalty very late in a game when we were level with them; 2015-16. The ref didn't give it and after the game Martinez came out with some bollocks along the lines of "The ref gave a very mature decision". A couple of weeks later we beat them in the League Cup semi and he was whinging like fuck just because Sterling (I think) crossed it after the ball had gone out of play; he wasn't talking about "mature decisions that night". - VAR would have corrected both decisions but Martinez came over as a total and utter fuckwit.
And I think we should have had a couple of penalties in the first leg but the view at Goodison ain't that great.
As I recall Jesus Navas was taken out late on in quite a violent way but somehow no penalty was given. Which wasn’t much of a surprise at the time. No complaints from senor martinez that time, though.

I believe one thing strongly.
I can't think of a single other forum in the country where, when their team had won and pocketed the three points, possibly — and I repeat, possibly, because it's just being assumed that penalty=goal, which is arrant nonsense, especially against the best keeper in the country — due to a marginal decision, there would be debate for days afterwards in the post-match thread. On RAWK you can be sure as fuck that it would have been, “Ta very much, close thread”. Redcafé too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.