Everton (a) post-match thread

And after Wolves
The Arsenal one was the attacker stepping on Ederson's incoming foot. Not an easy decision to make because Ederson had every right to challenge for that ball. He got the ball and would have done so without touching Odegard had he not put his foot down ontop of his. For all we know he was seeking that contact.

Wolves one was soft(handball, if I remember right?) but there was a stonewall in the first half that was not given(as well as another 50/50) so it evened out in the same game. I remember there was an obscene amount of niggly fouls and time wasting that went unpunished for Wolves, ontop of those 3 calls. So it's a bit of a stretch to say they were hard done by. Even the one that was given, we'd have people defending it on here, had it been given against City. Telling other blues to stop complaining, while blaming our player for giving the ref a decision to make with his arm in an unnatural position.

Wasn't there one against Newcastle? I seem to remember Eddie missing the ball, then taking an attacker out on the follow through which was a luckier break than any of those. I think they didn't give that one because the ball was already gone and in City's possession by that point. We were always winning that game though.

I seem to vaguely recall one against Southampton too edit: Yes, the Walker red card and penalty were overturned by a pitch side monitor check. But they got away with red card challenge on Laporte in the reverse fixture in January and we dropped points in that game.

As I've said before, we get a bit of balance for once and people can't handle it.

Last edited:
The Arsenal one was the attacker stepping on Ederson's incoming foot. Not an easy decision to make because Ederson had every right to challenge for that ball. He got the ball and would have done so without touching Odegard had he not put his foot down ontop of his. For all we know he was seeking that contact.

Wolves one was soft(handball, if I remember right?) but there was a stonewall in the first half that was not given(as well as another 50/50 if I remember right) so it evened out in the same game. I remember there was an obscene amount of niggly fouls and time wasting that went unpunished for Wolves, ontop of those 3 calls. So it's of a stretch to say they were hard done by. Even the one that was given, we'd have people defending it on here, had it been given against City. Telling other blues to stop complaining, while blaming our player for giving the ref a decision to make with his arm in an unnatural position.

Wasn't there one against Newcastle? I seem to remember Eddie missing the ball, then taking an attacker on the follow through which was a luckier break than any of those. I think they didn't give that one because the ball was already gone and in City's possession by that point.

Was there one against Southampton too? That's going too far back for me. But they got away with red card challenge on Laporte in the reverse fixture in January and we dropped points in that game.

As I've said before, we get a bit of balance for once and people can't handle it.

absolutely

I really miss seeing the lines being measured in real-time for the furthest attacker/deepest defender on offside decisions.

Now we just get the result still frame after people moaned about toes being offside and that gave them an excuse to remove the transparency.

I could nearly always tell on tight calls as soon as they had put the first line down (defender?) as to whether it was on or off.

Wolves one was soft(handball, if I remember right?) but there was a stonewall in the first half that was not given(as well as another 50/50) so it evened out in the same game. I remember there was an obscene amount of niggly fouls and time wasting that went unpunished for Wolves, ontop of those 3 calls. So it's a bit of a stretch to say they were hard done by. Even the one that was given, we'd have people defending it on here, had it been given against City. Telling other blues to stop complaining, while blaming our player for giving the ref a decision to make with his arm in an unnatural position.

Wasn't there one against Newcastle? I seem to remember Eddie missing the ball, then taking an attacker out on the follow through which was a luckier break than any of those. I think they didn't give that one because the ball was already gone and in City's possession by that point. We were always winning that game though.

I seem to vaguely recall one against Southampton too edit: Yes, the Walker red card and penalty were overturned by a pitch side monitor check. But they got away with red card challenge on Laporte in the reverse fixture in January and we dropped points in that game.

Yes, and don't forget the Milner take down of Bernardo in the draw at Anfield...a blatant bookable offense and a second yellow not given...Tierney was in the middle for that match btw

I don't see the "more in the green zone than the red zone" thing that PGMOL has come up with.
PGMOL has the ability to interpret, and not even use, rules brought in!

PGMOL has delayed use of other rules, including VAR, in the past.

Surely Lampard has to be sanctioned for his comments, no?

Even if you’re “Super Frank” and you’re playing against everyone’s new favorite team to hate, you can’t immediately go on TV and criticize the officials’ professionalism and say your 3 yr old child could go a better job, can you?

And, now they are demanding an “official apology” from the Premier League for a subjective call that has absolutely not been made objective in any way, shape or form by the video evidence?

And, while we are at it, let’s not forget they act like the award of a penalty is a certain goal…even though I believe they didn’t score the last one they got against us at Goodison!

The “victim” delusion has apparently crept across Stanley Park, so I guess I’d better light a candle!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.