Everton (a) post-match thread

All I saw was the ref doing the ol’ drawing an imaginary line to initiate an offside call
Yes because the game stopped from an offside that occurred later after the hand ball shout. They then checked for handball, in their view thought it wasn’t, so the game continued with the free kick given for original offside that stopped play.

It’s handball according to sky I thought it was t shirt line but apparently it was irrelevant as they were offside apparently in the build up to that why have sky not mentioned this is more concerning..
They didn't mention it because VAR didn't look at it or mention it, VAR said the handball evidence was inconclusive!

Pep just said it was offside ... Shreeves went really!

Why has no pundit wondered why the restart was a free kick and Tierney made a song and dance about where it was taken from ... the channel where Richarlison ran into when he was adjudged offside.

hahahaha sky going mental about the hand ball and everton was robbed and liverpool been cheated
then somebody puts up the video of the everton player offside hahahahahaha
They also chose to show the angle that made it look onside. The linesman gave offside on the pitch. If they'd thought it was handball then they would have checked the offside and I reckon he was.

He even signalled for offside after waiting to see what VAR had to say. I’m properly confused with this, I just find it weird as it was a blatant handball and it does look like offside. Now they are saying it wasn’t given as offside. There’s something dodgy going on here, there’s no clarity at all.

The rule is that it has to be deliberate, isn't it? Right, I know his arm is out and everything but who in their right mind would deliberately stop the ball with their arm when it quite clearly bounced awkwardly?

Rodri, probably, but still!

If the penalty had been given in real time, which it should have, it would then have been overturned by VAR for offside
Looked off when I was watching live and replays suggest it was too
That can only be what they were checking given the delay

I'll admit I feel very relieved and that we didn't really deserve the win, we didn't create enough and not enough shots on goal, and I was sure that was being given by var.

But, it wasn't, and I'm delighted.

Have to say, sky match commentary was so biased it was unwatchable. In the studio, fine, but was that Andy Hinchcliffe I heard saying as the second half kicked off that 'we just need to keep it tight' and 'we've done well so far'. Awful to listen to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.