Everton (a) post-match thread

Just watched the highlights again and Var tells the ref in his ear that it's offside and he immediately shows the sign or move for offside. Why hasn't this been picked up ? It looked handball though by Rodders.

The ref clearly indicated offside after the var decision came through . He raised his arm and pointed along the pitch indicating it was off . Not sure if anyone can play it back and confirm it as I might have been seeing something different.
He definitely signalled to offside and it was Richarlison that looked off in the build up to it. There wasn’t anyone offside after the handball either.

Stat attack​

FT: Everton 0-1 Man City
18c44f8f-e824-4f4b-bb6b-dad259f741f9.jpg

Manchester City
  • Manchester City have won each of their last 10 matches against Everton in all competitions, making it Pep Guardiola’s joint-longest winning run against an opponent in his managerial career (also 10 v Watford).
  • Manchester City’s Phil Foden has scored 10 of his last 12 Premier League goals away from home. He has scored three goals against Everton in the competition, only netting more versus Brighton (four).
  • Man City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne made his 200th Premier League appearance; his 80 assists is the most of any player within their first 200 matches in the competition’s history.
Would have been more than 10 if Calvert-Lewin hadn’t faked an elbow to get Walker sent off.

Am I the only one thinking it was t shirt first? Therefore correct decision!
That's what I think,the image sky keep showing is a split second after the original contact, I think the ball is traveling away from Rhodri and hits the top of the arm/shirt first, therefore not a penalty, I think in order to overturn the original decision they would have needed the opposite camera angle. It was a bit lucky as if it had been given VAR wouldn't have overturned it

Can we expect official statement from PL why that wasn’t a penalty, so we can troll a dippers tomorrow?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.