Everton (a) post-match thread

It was offside before though, so the penalty call is null and void.

I watched the NBC coverage and they said Richarlison was offside before the "handball" and that's what the ref was told by var and why we were given a freekick.

Once everyone saw the replay their commentators and studio hosts agreed with that decision
No one will say that though to make us look like cheats

Is the ref not clearly giving offside in the clip? Other channels appear to have called it but Sky just ignored it and wanted to cause controversy. As an aside, WTF is Mica on nowadays.... Did they all (and some on here) get selective blindness? Watch the clip. Ref listens in his ear piece and gives offside...

The play was stopped for offside after the incident. The referee is just pointing out that it's to resume from the offside decision, just like he would point for a goal kick etc.

First game this season I’ve not actually watched either live or on tv. I decided to swerve it s as my mates were watching the rugby at the pub and I decided to change a habit of a lifetime and actually opt for fun rather than stress lol. Good call I think in the end. Sounds like some piss was boiled. Followed it on bbc and tuned into the match day thread once just as Foden scored. Great great result. Just need to survive for a few weeks and we’ll be fine. Sounds like today we survived so all good :)))

Can someone explain when it was no longer necessary for handball to be deliberate or the arm to be in an unnatural position and just needs to hit your arm for it to be a penalty?

everyone seems to be saying it’s “clearly” handball because it hits his arm.

his arm was in a natural position and it was an accident.

The play was stopped for offside after the incident. The referee is just pointing out that it's to resume from the offside decision, just like he would point for a goal kick etc.
Just watched the highlights to check my sanity. Where is this offside *after* the handball that people keep referring to?

Is the ref not clearly giving offside in the clip? Other channels appear to have called it but Sky just ignored it and wanted to cause controversy. As an aside, WTF is Mica on nowadays.... Did they all (and some on here) get selective blindness? Watch the clip. Ref listens in his ear piece and gives offside...

Sky didn't just ignore it they actually said in the studio that the penalty decision wasn't overturned purely because there wasn't clear and obvious evidence to give the decision in Everton's favour. THat clip makes it pretty damn obvious though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.