Everton (a) post-match thread

According to the latest news I've read, there was no offside before the penalty the VAR just thought it was inconclusive, so we completely got lucky there because that was a penalty. If we keep playing like have been this game and the last we won't win the league.
We're just having a bit of a blip as far as the league goes. I hope we've come through it and go on to put a run together to the end of the season. Dippers game will be crucial.

Just about deserved it I thought but in all honestly it's about the points now. The way we won though must be a dagger in Liverpools heart as everything seemed to be going their way. We need to stay strong at the back and grind some wins out until our form returns but when has common sense and City gone together? Roller-coaster ride again I'm afraid.

Used to love Micah but he's become a fucking Sky sellout. It was offside in the build-up you cocksniff.

Former City defender Micah Richards, a Sky pundit, said: "The player's face says it all, it is handball. It is below the T-shirt line. It is just ridiculous.

Everton got exactly what they deserved..

**** all..!

Richaleson spent 79 of the 98 minutes on his arse, the other 19 minutes were spent gobbing off to the officials..

It's such a pity Brentford, Leeds, Watford and Norwich aren't much cop..!
That Richarlison is a moaning **** on a par with Neymar.

Thought we were fucking abysmal.

Probably the 3 points that win us the title.

Pep hell bent on fucking us up, how on earth Raz and Gundo lasted 75 mins is beyond me.

Worst performance of the season by a country mile, and worst timing of subs too.

So so happy at that 3 points, incredible.
Agree a huge huge 3 points - particularly looking at Liverpools fixtures over the next 4 weeks. Keeps the pressure up. But, disagree we were abysmal. Thought our performance first half was dictated by Everton - they hassled and closed down really well and we’re very direct when they had a sniff of an attack. It was the opposite of how they played against Southampton last week. The way we keep on going though is something else and I’m proud - they want it and never stop trying to get a goal.

Though I have a nagging feeling about the midfield atm. never been convinced by a midfield 3 of Gundo, Kevin and Rodri, feels like it takes our attacking edge away and it doesn’t bring the best out of Gundo, Bernie etc. Much prefer Bernie as a RCM, making overlaps with Mahrez or Sterling - terrifying for a left back to face.

"I have a three-year-old daughter at home who could tell you that was a penalty."

Not if she's as thick as you, Frank!

The fallout from tonight will cascade from the sky sports studios and all the way up to the tramps.
Oh I can't wait and I especially can't wait for Ref Watch on Monday morning with bent as a nine bob note Dermot "all for the teams in red" Gallagher to tell everyone VAR got it wrong.

Oh so very wrong.
i9wuxh-1.gif

Richarlison's dog
giphy.gif

Even if they don't agree with their interpretation on the handball itself, they can't argue that they shouldn't have also checked for an offside in the build up. They never said it wasn't offside, they said it wasn't the reason they dismissed it.

I don't even think we need lines to see Richarlison was offside:

This is a split second before he strikes the ball:
Richarlison Offside1.jpg

and a split second after:
Richarlison Offside2.jpg
Personally, I think he looks offside in both frames.

So, at worst it's the right call for the wrong reason. I've even seen someone claiming "there was a throw in before it happened so it couldn't have been offside", which is just bizarre and shows they probably know it was offside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.