Everton (a) post-match thread

But he clearly was offside... That wasn't the reason it was dismissed because they weren't looking for it. Not because they checked it and it was onside. Why not make an argument instead of acting better than everyone, when you're just being ignorant.
But again, like, this doesn't matter. We got lucky with the decision, we got lucky with the goal. There's no grand reffing conspiracy against Everton, there's no grand media conspiracy against City, there's no argument to be had. We just got the rub of the green and won the game - we don't need to contort ourselves or pretend the ball hit Rodri's shirt sleeve. There's bit of confusion about what VAR was looking for, sure, both in relation to the handball and the offside, but it's fair enough for a neutral to look at what happened with Rodri and think "Hang on a minute, that's a penalty". As I said before, if Liverpool had gotten away with that non-handball decision (and if they'd scored a stuffy goal like ours) we'd all be livid - we wouldn't be interested in whether Richarlison was really offside or not. The replays I have seen of Richarlison's movements aren't conclusive so I'll go with what happened on the pitch in front of me. We got away with one, football teams get away with stupid stuff all the time, we still won the game. This isn't like the Arsenal game where they acted like dickheads and couldn't handle the fact that they'd handed us the game on a plate, I actually think Everton have a case to feel wronged - but so what? We won, they didn't, shit happens, they'll get over it.

Fully expected VAR to overturn it so was pleasantly surprised. It also suggests that there is no great conspiracy against us as it would have been easy for them to overturn it and thus give Liverpool a huge boost.
They chose not to.
Every single one of the hundreds of “agenda”’conspiracy theorists on this forum will ignore that post and ignore that decision and will all come out of the woodwork screaming next time one goes against us.

Jesus Christ anyone saying it wasn’t a penalty needs to have a word with themselves.

Most importantly it’s fucking hilarious!
Richarlison was OFFSIDE...how is that hilarious? Was it hilarious when Sterling's goal in the fucking CL against Spurs was waved off?...Aguero was offside by an inch and you could even debate if Bernardo's touch was a deflection off Erikson's pass...but you know what...red lines mean you're off and much bigger goals have been ruled out than some fucking borderline handball that wasn't even an actual goal...so go have a word with yourself...

we don't need to contort ourselves or pretend the ball hit Rodri's shirt sleeve.
That's not what most of us are doing, we are saying that should be irrelevant.

There's bit of confusion about what VAR was looking for, sure, both in relation to the handball and the offside,
There shouldn't be, they've confirmed it had nothing to do with an offside, they didn't look at that.

The replays I have seen of Richarlison's movements aren't conclusive so I'll go with what happened on the pitch in front of me.
I posted two stills which would have been the ones the VAR team would have looked at for a possible offside. He looks offside on both stills, even before the ball is struck. The only inconclusive thing about that is we don't have the official still with lines drawn. The hypocrisy here though, is that you're arguing the handball is conclusive and the offside is not.

Were we lucky? Only in the sense that we escaped a robbery for a penalty they didn't deserve. I'll take that any day and not feel bad one bit...

What I will admit, is this season the refs seem to have stopped the bent calls, not that every decision has been correct but that's never been what most of us were expecting. Does this season mean there was never bias against City, from referees in seasons gone by? No, you'd have to contort yourself beyond belief to believe that.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.