Everton (a) post-match thread

thats what he said tbf. They ruled no handball. In which case we got lucky.
Do you mean you don't think they were going to check for an offside if they thought it did hit his arm? Lucky in a sense if that's the case, to escape an incorrect call.

Fully expected VAR to overturn it so was pleasantly surprised. It also suggests that there is no great conspiracy against us as it would have been easy for them to overturn it and thus give Liverpool a huge boost.
They chose not to.

How are we lucky? If they ruled handball they then would have checked for offide...which it was...
because they didnt give the handball - IE we were lucky they didnt give the handball. (Is what he^^ said)

I actually thought it was offside in the build up and VAR noticed that and kopped out of a decision - But thats based on current information becausr the VAR team not only dont let us know what theyre think at the time, but also afterwards! crazy, why they just dont explian I dont know

No having seen it a few times I think the same. Kavanagh was right it wasn't conclusive enough to say it was a clear penalty. The pundits are totally ignoring that because they are stupid.
Loved how they kept showing the image from behind Rodri as if it was proof when there was no way of telling if the ball was in contact with any part of the arm whatsoever.

I was watching the supersport feed too.. who was that on commentary who said that? He was absolutely gutted when Phil scored as well.
Sometimes one of our defenders can be the last man between their attacker and a one on one with the keeper then make a game changing challenge and it will be commentated on like it's the snooker and he's just potted a red. Flip to the other team stopping us and it's as though you're watching WWE.

What strikes me is that they could have shut down any complaints by going back to check for the offside too. They could have released the offside still with the lines drawn in but nope. It almost seems like they want it to be a talking point.
Exactly...if they check the offside there's nothing to debate...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.