Everton (a) post-match thread

There does seem to be a lack of understanding around VAR and the 'obvious error'.

After seeing the replays VAR could not 100% confirm on what part of the arm the ball hit Rodri, so it's not a clear and obvious error, hence sticking with the onfield decision.

Exactly the same as when we were awarded a penalty v Wolves.

I was going by an offside decision just before the handball. It was the only explanation as it WAS a handball. Rodri knew it.
And it was typical for the game. If he would not have let the ball bounce it would never have hit his arm. A step too late is what we saw too often yesterday. We rode our luck.
It WAS a penalty.
VAR fecked up an already poor decision.
And there IS an agenda.

Think it works like this

they have to find a conclusive angle that shows it hit the arm, and presumably they didn’t

then they check for offsides in the build up. They didn’t get to this stage

If they would have decided it was handball, it would have been given off side anyway.

We underperformed and looked sloppy, particularly in the first half. Everton played out of their skins and probably won't play better for the rest of the season.
Credit where it's due, Phil Foden reacted brilliantly for his goal and the team kept pressing for the win.
That said, it wasn't a match I'd want to sit through again.
I respect your opinion.

More I watch it the more it looks clear cut. Takes a little bit of the shine away from the hard earned win but there’s always one team that benefits from total incompentence. Today it was us.

The 2nd half is the best we've played since December imho, against a resolute well drilled Everton side. They gave us many problems, but were a Harry Kane short of ending February on a totally shit note.

I thought we stepped up the pace brilliantly in the second half & looked more like ourselves. Our goal was fortuitous, but we've seen where a momentary lapse can lead to ourselves recently.

It was a penalty! Rodri made an instinctive reaction to control the ball, & even though his arm wasn't raised, he clearly moved it to stop the ball moving past him. If it was us, we'd be going ballistic with that decision.

My heart sank as I honestly thought it was another 2 points dropped, but what the fuck was VAR doing by saying no penalty! :-| It was a "PHEW!" moment for us & a "WTF!" moment for the Toffees & the rest of the watching world.

In this respect we were lucky, but I'll take all the luck we can get at the moment. We beat Leeds 7-0 & it's the end of football. The Dippers beat them 6-0 & it was a wonderfully glorious display of attacking football! So fuck em! :-)

Much like the ones who say nothing’s going on when we get a decision going our way ;-)

For me, from what I’ve seen (during the game) seems we got lucky with it, although our replays didn’t seem to be as thorough as some that we’re watching abroad for some reason, so hard to say, more annoyed that Rodri gave them a decision to make when there was absolutely no need.

be interesting to see how the rest of the season pans out.

Hard fought and very vital 3 points.

For the people on here convinced of a conspiracy against us re VAR get real , that was a penalty at the end all day, we got very, very lucky.
How was it a penalty? Should we ignore the offside right before the penalty?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.