Everton (a) post-match thread

One of two things is happening as far as I can see, we're either going through a blip and just about managing to cling on until we find form again, or we have finally been found out and it's only a matter of time before the wheels come off.

Last 16, won 14, drawn 1, lost 1

I think we have been found out.

Alan shearer says it’s the clearest handball you will ever see.
offside or onside it hits his sleeve.
not clear and obvious cos it hits his sleeve you fucking cretin.
Was it more clear than this one?
Because i don’t remember a similar outcry then!!!!

Attachments

• F1AFFB22-16EB-4684-BA22-2CFEE5ED5319.jpeg
    F1AFFB22-16EB-4684-BA22-2CFEE5ED5319.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 28
It was a strange one as they never looked at the offside when they reviewed VAR and apparently the ref told Lampard it was not offside even though they restarted the game with offside.

What happened after Rodri controlled the ball? Did the ball go out of play to enable the VAR review, or was there another offside? I was so depressed at the inevitable penalty that I wasn't paying much attention. Good I don't have a cat ....

I only ask, because the game restarted with an indirect free kick, presumably for an offside. Pre- or post- I don't know.

And what Lampard says doesn't make sense. If they concluded there was no handball, they wouldn't have looked at the potential offside. There is no way the VAR would have said to the referee, no penalty for handball and he wasn't offside either. Makes no sense. The only way Lampard's comments make sense is if the referee just told him he didn't BLOW for offside. That doesn't mean he wasn't, and that it wouldn't have been checked if they HAD determined a penalty for handball.

without forensic levels of scrutiny (impossible in practise) there will always be "judgement" by human(s) in certain situations. Other major sports reduce this by using technology such as multiple cameras that are big-screened almost immediately. Very little wriggle-room, much less controversy. The excuse that football at every level must be controlled exactly the same is a piss-take.
The use of an imaginary t-shirt cuff as a yes/no decider is another can of worms. T-shirts are not made to strict rules, which part of the ball makes contact, was there intent, was it arm-to-ball or ball-to-arm, is it even a consideration. What-ever, on the numerous occasions City have been on the end of controversial decisions, the level of outrage and scrutiny has never ever reached this level. Scousers playing the victim card is as predictable as night follows day, yawn, but this has been a pile-on of epic scale.

It was a strange one as they never looked at the offside when they reviewed VAR and apparently the ref told Lampard it was not offside even though they restarted the game with offside.
They correctly restarted the game after the VAR check from where the game had stopped and that was the offside decision that the ref made AFTER the potential hand ball. That was the ‘offside’ that the managers were told of. Because Stockley Park didn’t award the penalty (they confirmed they found no clear video evidence) then there was no reason to check the first offside. IF they had deemed it a penalty then they would have then checked that possibility and shown the lines on screen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.