Everton (a) post-match thread

Is the ref not clearly giving offside in the clip? Other channels appear to have called it but Sky just ignored it and wanted to cause controversy. As an aside, WTF is Mica on nowadays.... Did they all (and some on here) get selective blindness? Watch the clip. Ref listens in his ear piece and gives offside...

The offside is for the offence after the 'handball'. At least that is what has been explained to me and it makes sense. That leaves the question, "was it handball?" And to judge that you need a still of the incident and then you need to refer to the FA rules and the pictorial diagram which explains the regions of the arm which are regarded as 'handball' territory.

The ball strikes Rodri's arm right on the border between the upper arm / shoulder area, and lower arm and so the VAR official can not deem it an obvious error by the ref. It's a borderline decision.

What happened after Rodri controlled the ball? Did the ball go out of play to enable the VAR review, or was there another offside? I was so depressed at the inevitable penalty that I wasn't paying much attention. Good I don't have a cat ....

I only ask, because the game restarted with an indirect free kick, presumably for an offside. Pre- or post- I don't know.

And what Lampard says doesn't make sense. If they concluded there was no handball, they wouldn't have looked at the potential offside. There is no way the VAR would have said to the referee, no penalty for handball and he wasn't offside either. Makes no sense. The only way Lampard's comments make sense is if the referee just told him he didn't BLOW for offside. That doesn't mean he wasn't, and that it wouldn't have been checked if they HAD determined a penalty for handball.

The offside incident was actually before the handball incident. And they also confirmed the incident had nothing to do with offside.

According to the latest news I've read, there was no offside before the penalty the VAR just thought it was inconclusive, so we completely got lucky there because that was a penalty. If we keep playing like have been this game and the last we won't win the league.
Well read the laws of the game because they are explicit and you don't understand them. If the ball strikes the sleeve area then that is the border between handball and no handball. It's like an offside call when the players are level when the ball is played.

As for City's performance, it was a game of two halves. First half we struggled, 2nd was a wave of city attacks and I thought we played very well. We could have been more lethal in front of goal but our passing, and defensive play in midfield (snuffing out their counters immediately) was good.

The offside incident was actually before the handball incident. And they also confirmed the incident had nothing to do with offside.

The offside was after. VAR imo decided that the ref had not made a clear and obvious error. Had Rodri handled the ball in that manner with his forearm then they would deem that a handball but with the upper arm it's not an offence (see picture of FA rules website).

This could all have been cleared up had MOTD showed the graphic but instead Shearer chose to play to the Liverpool, Man Utd and Everton fan gallery. Normally MOTD are really good on such things.

Read the rules and stop being such a contrary fanny fart.
I think that the average neutral fan looking at it would say handball. I see why VAR didnt give it as they only over turn clear and obviouse and it was somewhat close to the border line but if the same happens against us next week id be expecting the ref to give it.

I think that the average neutral fan looking at it would say handball. I see why VAR didnt give it as they only over turn clear and obviouse and it was somewhat close to the border line but if the same happens against us next week id be expecting the ref to give it.

Madonna likes this post.

Shearer description of the rule:
red line, green line nonsense
funny how the rules Are shit, everyone in football knows a handball etc ignore the rules

Laporte against spurs - it’s the rules
Trent against dippers - it’s the rules natural posirion
Stones studs up at villa - it’s the rules
Brighton player studs up....no force
Southampton player studs up....no intent

The media agenda couldn’t be less hidden

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.