Everton (A) | Post Match Thread

On balance I would very much describe myself as being a pessimist/realist as a supporter.

It wasn’t so much our win today, more the Arsenal loss that has me convinced the title is done and dusted.

But I understand if others still want to hold off. I’m just enjoying the day and the moment.
Thought you were Burnley!

what a masterclass this game was from Pep and the team, rotation done too, Gundo a clutch player, he will be missed if he leaves. not sure why he needs to leave tho 1 year extension would be supper idea from City.
who knows his replacement may need 12 months to bed in like many times this happened while Gundo does it week in week out in crucial period of the season again.

last year last game we 2-1 down to Villa and Gundo scored a brace and changed everything.
now again vs Leeds and Everton he scores two.
year before last he was top scorer in league at City with 13 in the false 9 system.

he fucking delivers and takes some pressure off of KDB. not many can do that out there. not even Bellingham, Rice imo.

its looking more and more bad idea to let him level for free to barca. he is not done yet, far from it.

and well done Brighton for pissing all over Arteta, much needed and De Zerbi is a top class manager in the making. tactically he made many big teams suffer this season.
Next season Arteta imo will have a reality check once Pochettino, Klopp etc starts to spend and actually fix this blip season their teams had.
in next next 5 years not including current one this was Arsenal closest to become champions imo :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-14-21-17-33-840-edit_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-14-21-17-33-840-edit_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 38
Great result for us that and it's one game I don't look forward to. It's all because we bought Joleon Lescott from them, they raise their game and whilst Dyche loves taking a beating from us, he can make games awkward. Plus they are really in trouble.

The goal from Gundogan was absolutely sublime and I can't think of another goal like it! The skill and quality was exceptional. I really hope he stays as he's been a brilliant player for us. He's such a clever player and doesn't seem to be slowing down (he's not quick anyway). I hope the club can sort out a decent extension for him. I think if we lose Gundo and Bernardo we are going to need to spend big to replace them.

As for Everton, they are in real trouble. They passed it around to almost show they can pass it, but they didn't really have much threat. I didn't see too much organisation either and maybe it's hard against us, but they look like a team that's going to find it hard in the next couple of games. Ok, Wolves and Bournemouth aren't going to go down but I don't see Everton having the quality to beat them either and once teams stay up and play without pressure, they are capable of getting some good results.

Anyway, job done and we're all set for Real now! COME ON CITY!!!!

Personal highlight was Whippy’s title run in knee celebration fall to to floor after his 1st…
Was wondering whether anyone would post acclaim for this - reprising the knee-slide forward flop from the glorious league winner vs villa, superb stuff from Gundog...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-14-22-11-07-86_dc00545bd3b8828f033a02ac25b2d36d.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-14-22-11-07-86_dc00545bd3b8828f033a02ac25b2d36d.jpg
    684.7 KB · Views: 60

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.