Everton (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know it isn't?

chopping and changing our formation, personnel etc is probably the primary reason behind our poor performances. Just beat West-ham 5-0 with that team, what would possibly warrant that being changed vs a team of a similar quality to them and one that play the same formation 4-2-3-1?
If its the right formation for the Toffees, we will see it again. Not saying its you, but far too often, when we get a good result, some seem to think the same team,formation and tactics will beat everyone. I would be amazed if we saw that team against a high intensity, pressin outfit., On that basis, is why I said it isnt a panacea. m sure Pep will do his homework and set us up accordingly. I do expect us to beat them.

Another very tough game, with potential for a narrow defeat or disappointing 1-1 draw written all over it.

However, if we play like we did at West Ham we should win it!
Keep exactly the same side and formation as that game.

Everton are one of the bitterest bunch aren't they, always seem so angry and now they've nothing left to play for this season they'll see this even more as their cup final. Add in the Stones factor and there'll be a lot of screeching scousers getting all worked up about us.

Have to be switched on from the start for this one, they'll have a point to prove to their fans after the Leicester defeat.

This all day long.

It's only a ground ffs & the Blue river rat vermin can be pretty fickle when things aren't going well.

They're moaning their chuffs off about Koeman,the style of play & a tardiness in the transfer market. They seem a bit underwhelmed by the prospect of Shnidyface & Dippsy for £45m !!

If we start well,deny them the ball,limit crosses & through balls to Luku & take our chances we'll be OK.

A lot of this shit is in the mind.....Spirit of MANCUNIA......MANCHESTER,the City of CITY.

If its the right formation for the Toffees, we will see it again. Not saying its you, but far too often, when we get a good result, some seem to think the same team,formation and tactics will beat everyone. I would be amazed if we saw that team against a high intensity, pressin outfit., On that basis, is why I said it isnt a panacea. m sure Pep will do his homework and set us up accordingly. I do expect us to beat them.

Spot on.

We have a deep squad and Pep should field the team he feels have the best chance of success, not the one the fans do off the basis of one flash in the pan game.

Some players, like John Stones, who continues to make on average at least one error leading to a goal scoring opportunity per game, shouldn't be irreplaceable and competition in general is good for keeping players performing at their best.

Last edited:

Yeah but at Barca and Bayern he for the most parts played different versions of the 4-3-3 only difference being Busquets holding vs Muller at CAM both next to 2 CMs..He's still trying to find the formation to run with on a more consistent basis here(I hope), maybe the foundations can be laid with the diamond, then we tweak the formation/personnel depending on the opposition rather than overhauling it. Still a guessing game with Pep at this moment in time, could stick with the diamond or wouldn't be surprised at this point if we rocked up with 3 at the back and no-one up front.

Spot on.

We have a deep squad and Pep should field the team he feels have the best chance of success, not the one the fans do off the basis of one flash in the pan game.

Some players like John Stones, who continues to make on average at least one error leading to a goal scoring opportunity per game, shouldn't be irreplaceable and competition in general is good for keeping players performing at their best.

It doesn't have to be a "flash in the pan" game though, it worked, we looked good all over the pitch.. Should be building on that rather than trying something else

too many words just remove at LB and I totally agree
Agreed - thought we looked much better without him in terms of pace and composure - yes West Ham were poor, but remember we have had more possession than any other team in games we have lost, for every Kolarov switch ball that is great you have four that gift possession and he hasn't pace to get back into a solid shape which means others get dragged all over the shop. Clichy for all his faults, is getting better and has one thing you can't train - pace, Sagna is reliable and we really need to give the Stones. Otta combination a chance to develop.

It doesn't have to be a "flash in the pan" game though, it worked, we looked good all over the pitch.. Should be building on that rather than trying something else

I don't necessarily disagree, but that doesn't mean Pep should be handcuffed into the same lineup and formation if it isn't the one he believes will best get us three points.

He got it right against West Ham, he can do the same against Everton too.

Caballero
Sagna
Otamendi
Stones
Clichy
Touré
Zabaleta
De Bruyne
Silva
Aguero
Sterling

Bravo, Kolarov, Fernando, Nolito, Sané, Iheanacho, Jesus

1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.