Akanji
Aké / Laporte
Rodri
Bernardo
KdB
Foden
Alvarez
Haaland

Don't think we can afford to rest Kevin, unfortunately, so he'll probably get at least an hour, and I also reckon Bernardo might be the most in danger of losing his place for the second leg

Gomes as a left forward? Thank God that Pep will be picking the team on Sunday and not our fans lol.
That's his natural position and where he gained his reputation as a Spanish wonderkid.This conversion to left back should not have been attempted here.

If the past weeks are anything to go by this will be another slog. Another close game won by the odd goal. Wishful thinking we will take them apart and rest players. I expect a mixed setup with a few rested.

Ederson
Akanji, Dias, Laporte
Lewis, Rodri, Gundogan
Mahrez, Alvarez, Foden
Haaland
I like the look of that team. I wonder about Gundo, he was absolutely out on his feet in the second half last night and I hope he has enough time to recover.

Have not looked forward to this fixture for a few weeks.

A point would not be the disaster if it comes to it.

A point would heap enormous pressure on the team. We would mostly likely be 4 points behind Arsenal kicking off against Chelsea.

Next 3 fixtures are season defining Everton, Real then Chelsea. Win all 3 and we have 3 wins for the treble.

If the past weeks are anything to go by this will be another slog. Another close game won by the odd goal. Wishful thinking we will take them apart and rest players. I expect a mixed setup with a few rested.
They’ll be growing the grass and keeping it dry as we speak, expecting a low scoring win. That said a draw , beat Madrid, then hell bent for leather that last week would do me. Recover for the finals.

Midfield could be an issue Sunday. Rodri has to play then pick whoever is still standing between Gundogan, Bernardo and KDB.

I think Lewis, Laporte, Alvarez, Foden and Mahrez will all start.

If Phillips couldn't get a start against Sheff Utd in the cup, West Ham or Leeds at home then there's absolutely no chance he's starting in this game.
He might've started had Newcastle taken something off Arsenal but unfortunately they didn't so we can't risk it. I think Rodri will start with Gundogan replacing him around the hour mark.

Everton will be over confident coming in after their recent result. I do agree we need some resting of a few players but I still think we take this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.