Everton (A) - Sun 14th May, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No players need a rest. 6 games for glory is all they need to concentrate on. Go down as the best team in England and put their feet up for a month. These opportunities only come around every so often. Strong team for Everton and then Madrid. If we stumble against Real then that may have an negative mental effect against Chelsea.

Big few days coming up. Can’t stress enough but we need to take the early chances. If we had of against Madrid we would have controlled the game like we did against Bayern and Arsenal.

If we stumble against Real then that may have an negative mental effect against Chelsea.

That's why the players must be as fresh as possible against Real, which means that Pep will rotate against Everton and won't play the strongest team possible.

To risk the tie with Real in order to make sure we are 4 pts clear of Arsenal may not be the smartest thing we can do. If we beat Real we'll have the energy to win the next 3 league games.

That said, I think we'll win at Everton.

This.
It was, is, and always will be. The mentality of some people here is let's beat our "rivals", Arsenal, Liverpool, United, and so on, to the title. We are way past that point. We win the league on a regular basis, and whether we win it this season or not, everyone in England will still think we are the best team, not Arsenal (we will win, so it won't be an issue anyway). In a way, don't we all laugh at small teams participating in the "We beat Man City Cup", for example, Spurs. Elite teams, the ones among the best in the world, fight for the holy grail of club football, the Champions League trophy, as the main priority. It is every young player's dream on the club level which is why it's Haaland's alarm clock in the morning. The competition might be corrupt, and so is the Premier League, but the Champions League is the most prestigious club competition in the world. Ask any average fan around the world, who is the best team in the world, and they will always pick the Champions League winner. That's why we still lack respect in the eyes of Madrid fans, Bayern fans, Barcelona fans, etc. They don't care about our Premier League success because we are yet to beat them to the CL trophy. That's why Pep feels his time here won't be fully successful until he wins it, probably more than once too.
I don’t give a fuck whether the plastic cunts at Madrid, Barce, Bayern respect us or not - premier league comes first every season, THEN the champions league. However I know Pep and the team will have full focus on all 3

No players need a rest. 6 games for glory is all they need to concentrate on. Go down as the best team in England and put their feet up for a month. These opportunities only come around every so often. Strong team for Everton and then Madrid. If we stumble against Real then that may have an negative mental effect against Chelsea.

Big few days coming up. Can’t stress enough but we need to take the early chances. If we had of against Madrid we would have controlled the game like we did against Bayern and Arsenal.

Thing is, get the job done in our next 4 games, regardless of what Arsenal do, and whoever needs a rest Vs Brentford can have one. 4 games at full throttle is all we need until a wee break, I'm sure Pep is stressing that.

The majority are sympathing with Arsenal and expect us or may be wish that we lose points vs Everton. I hope not. I want Pep to select the best possible team to ensure the three points.

Be surprised to see Kyle, Stones, Gundo, Grealish and Bernardo.play any part. Wouldn't shock me to see.no Haaland or Rodri.

Going to be a really tough game for us.

People want us to beat Everton because they don't want the nail biting finish we had last season where it went down to the wire. We don't need to beat them. We can lose to them as long as we win our final three games. We need to beat Real Madrid. Losing another semi final will be hugely demoralising for players and fans alike. You've got two Milan teams the other side of the draw who are inconsistent and who we can beat if we're at our best. Certainly more favourable than many of the other sides we could potentially face in a final.

It could be 120 minutes on Wednesday. We need to be fit, fresh and ready for it. We might not get this opportunity again. We won the league last season and the season before it. We can win it next. It's not hanging over us. The CL has to be the priority. Make changes and we can still beat Everton. 5 wins at home all season, it's not a bad away game to have. Only Leicester and Southampton have been worse at home this season than them.
Completely, mate.

Depends on what shape each individual is in but I suspect we may see something like:

Ederson

Akanji Dias Laporte

Lewis Rodri

Mahrez Bernardo Alvarez Foden

Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.