Everton and David Moyes (merged)

Re: David Moyes (merged)

Prestwich_Blue said:
Come on - Moyes is playing games here and you lot are all falling for it. He wants to generate a hostile atmosphere tonight because he thinks that will wind his players up.

His team have been overtaken by us, Spurs and even Villa so they've joined the group of vlubs like Fulham, Birmingham & Blackburn for who finishing 8th or 9th is considered a good season.

I don't think that's true, if our bad start would have been different we may even have been above you lot by now. I think we are part of the group that includes you, villa and spurs, we are just lagging behind.

Re: David Moyes

EFC123 said:
alib said:
from what I've seen so far this season I'd say Lescott is better than Toure (just)

Good, an honest answer. He is miles better btw, just needs another CH to play alongside.

So Toure cost what, £25m?

If you had offered a similar amount in the first place, as that seemed to be the going rate for 'decent' CH then I dont think there would have been a problem. What Moyes was pissed off about was Mark Hughes seemingly talking about 'our' player as if he was his, before a deal had been agreed. Moyes was thinking 17/18m for Lescott when you have just signed that lump of shite for 25m, hmmmmm yeah!

I said on another thread that Hughes let the fact he had an open cheque book go to his head.

I still think he's a better manager than Mancini though and you'd have had 4th place in the bag by now if you hadnt of sacked him.
We signed Toure for £14m

Lescott has been good since he's partnered Kompany at centre half. However, i still maintain that £17m is all he is worth. Put it this way, there is nothing between him and Kompany yet Kompany cost around £6m.

Disagree about Hughes aswell. Mancini is doing a fine job. He's actually doing a better job with Hughes' players that Hughes ever did.

Edit: What annoyed me was how he (moyes) claimed we'd purposely made the offer towards the back end of the window just so Everton couldn't get a replacement in. Given we made the offer about 6 weeks before it was eventually accepted, i find it a little hard to fathom. £17/£18m would have been a cracking price for him, depiste Moyes believing it was a weak offer.

He's Joleon Lescott. He's not a prime Alessandro Nesta.

Re: City..Moyes/Kenright and Neverton.

Uber Blues said:
Looks like this shower have really got it in for City, talk about two faced! It would seem that Mr Moyes has huge issue with our club, its players and owners and no doubts our supporters. The latest asault on sky news questions our players motives for joining City, and that they "dont know what it means to play for a football club like neverton" blah blah blah blah. I cant be arsed listed all his utterings, you will have to go on sky sports web page. God it makes me sick. I would'nt mind but Kenright has openly admitted for years that as a club they, and he (kenright) are looking for outside investment or a wealthy buy out to take the club to the next stage of development. He's been hawking the club round the universe for years without even a hint of interest. The sad truth though for him and his manager is that the club are about as appealing to outside investment as is Stockport County.
Dont worry about our players and what we are doing Mr Moyes!

a case of the lady doth protest too much here

some bad obsessions with Everton on here

Re: David Moyes (merged)

Gwladiator said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Come on - Moyes is playing games here and you lot are all falling for it. He wants to generate a hostile atmosphere tonight because he thinks that will wind his players up.

His team have been overtaken by us, Spurs and even Villa so they've joined the group of vlubs like Fulham, Birmingham & Blackburn for who finishing 8th or 9th is considered a good season.

I don't think that's true, if our bad start would have been different we may even have been above you lot by now. I think we are part of the group that includes you, villa and spurs, we are just lagging behind.

It was'nt though was it, if if if. If we hadn't drawn all them games in a row we'd probably be top of the league, but we're not making excuses.

Re: City..Moyes/Kenright and Neverton.

Gwladiator said:
Bluemoon115 said:
You can't really use the obsessed card when your manager won't shut the **** up about us.

He answers questions he is asked in his press conference, he doesn't choose them.

he can choose NOT to answer them on the basis of what happens at City is none of his business.. small time bitter hypocritical twat!

Didn't Moyes say it showed a lack of class to talk about othe clubs.

He hasn't stopped talking about us since, and not just the one event (Lescott) that directly affected him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.