Everton (H) Post Match Thread

Come on, you know better than that. The player doesn't always have "Try to make contact" to be offside. It is not worth getting embroiled in a decisions debate, as the professionals seem to get them wrong , every week
Anyhow that was only one example of the many times play was allowed to go on for a long time, before being stopped and it was not always when he was trying to play an advantage.
My suspicion is communication was being made with between officials ,but not only ref and linesman and fourth official, just maybe another not at pitchside.

I suspect it happens, two incidents spring to mind, Luiz on Aguero, Taylor goes to put whistle in his mouth, then puts fingers up to his ear, it can't have been the linesman as the angle he had there is no way he can see it so who was he communicating with that told him his instinct was wrong? And the second one involves Taylor too, Delph's red at Wigan, he doesn't go over to the linesman despite him only being a few yards away but it appears he's communicating with someone, who had a better view than him or his lino? Someone with a TV screen perhaps?

I suspect it happens, two incidents spring to mind, Luiz on Aguero, Taylor goes to put whistle in his mouth, then puts fingers up to his ear, it can't have been the linesman as the angle he had there is no way he can see it so who was he communicating with that told him his instinct was wrong? And the second one involves Taylor too, Delph's red at Wigan, he doesn't go over to the linesman despite him only being a few yards away but it appears he's communicating with someone, who had a better view than him or his lino? Someone with a TV screen perhaps?

Do you also remember John Moss being overheard asking if there "was anything from tv" in a Liverpool game, think it was v Spurs.

I’ve never been so cold at a game for a very long time, even though I am normally layered up. I was up in Colin Bell Level 3, it might as well have been the arctic circle. Had to sit in the car for 40 mins after to thaw out.
On a plus side, we secured another 3 points, pleased to see Gabby get a couple too.
We looked very nonchalant at times and gave the ball away needlessly. Sometimes when we have the upper hand on a counter attack, we about turn and bring it all the way back to the defence, allowing them to regroup. It’s infuriating but it’s obviously all part of the plan(I’m assuming, to tire the opponent out trying to recover).
Goals always win games, I just hope we can keep Gabby firing through this tough period. KDB & Kun coming back too will be a huge bonus, we just need MERLIN again to complete the holy trinity.
Onwards!!!!!!

I agree. Gundogan was super today. As for Walker he needs to work a bit harder on doing the simple things. He does not look confident in possession and has suddenly lost sense of where he should be. Hard work is needed and a return to the standards he set last season. He surprised me last year and hopefully the work will be done. Perhaps when Danilo is fit he will be given some gas time. I believe Walker will be fine.
He appears to have one of those left legs that are only used for standing on. Generally whenever he gets the ball and is going forward, if he cuts inside, the only way the ball can go is backwards no matter what other options may be available. By the same logic, that is why when he has the ball facing backwards, he never passes back to Ederson (or whoever) with his left foot, but turns on to his right and boots it down the line. I think Ferdinand called it and said he is likely to have a brain fart at any time. Good job he's quick.

Has anyone got a link for the website that has all the crowd photos from every match, looking for a pic from the Everton game

Me too, just too early and too cold. Jesus looked very happy afterwards in his MoM interview too, it's good he's got his reward for all that running about at last.
uYZyEJ2.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.