Everton (H) Post Match Thread

I think it's clear that both Walker and Delph are not as comfortable as the rest of the team in our quick possession play and Walker also not the best positionally but no team has 11 superstars. They are both homegrown and they have a good positive attitude. Things could be worse.
Actually, I disagree on Delph. He's a midfield player - and a very good one as demonstrated when he captained England recently & was man of the match. I think he's quite happy with the quick passing game; he's got a pretty good first touch & looks for space once he's moved the ball on. However, although he's done a good job filling in, he is not a left back & consequently gets exposed from time to time. Also, he's not going to win many defensive headers in the box.

he is not a left back & consequently gets exposed from time to time. Also, he's not going to win many defensive headers in the box.

Thats why we need a left back in jan for us to win the league as i`ve no confidence that mendy will stay fit long term.I like Delph but only as a midfielder,other teams can see our weekness at leftback and attack accordingly.Without sorting this out i think we will fall short in the end.In pep i trust

Actually, I disagree on Delph. He's a midfield player - and a very good one as demonstrated when he captained England recently & was man of the match. I think he's quite happy with the quick passing game; he's got a pretty good first touch & looks for space once he's moved the ball on. However, although he's done a good job filling in, he is not a left back & consequently gets exposed from time to time. Also, he's not going to win many defensive headers in the box.
I like Delph and you are right he is only a makeshift left back -see his error against Watford-but he steps into midfield well. Nit picking I suppose.

Good win on a difficult day against difficult opponents. Well played Gabriel Jesus, great confidence booster today. Some bad behaviour from Everton fans in 3rd Tier throwing bottles of water, lighters etc and one lad spitting into the City fans!! No doubt similar behaviour will be encountered on 3rd Jan ☹️
Yes, a water bottle (full with top on) hit my mate next to me in 314.

I just 're watched the match, it was noticeable how many decisions were made after play had continued for several seconds.
Could the officials be getting info from off the field during matches.?
No, the referee actually did what he should do, play advantage until there isn't one, then call it back, he did this very effectively for me, it may not suit everyone's view of the game, but its right, if there's a foul and the ball breaks for you, but then doesn't give you an advantage in say 30 seconds, bring it back. There was an offside given against us first half, it was very late 15-20 seconds, but not given until we tried to take the ball, in the current rules, that is also spot on.

I'm not a fan of Pawson, he let some really niggly stuff go on yesterday, but he did get the 'advantage' rule right yesterday, and in tricky conditions too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.