Everton (H) | Post-Match Thread

Just rewatched the Everton penalty. Looks like Fernandinho was encroaching at time of kick. Or did he get his skates on super quick? By the time keeper had saved it, Fernandinho was in the 6yd box. I expect plenty of who cares? replies, but can anybody get a decent still image? Shhh, we may have got away witha VAR decison there...

Just rewatched the Everton penalty. Looks like Fernandinho was encroaching at time of kick. Or did he get his skates on super quick? By the time keeper had saved it, Fernandinho was in the 6yd box. I expect plenty of who cares? replies, but can anybody get a decent still image? Shhh, we may have got away witha VAR decison there...
He wasn’t in the box as Sigurdsson kicked it. I think Walker was closer than Fernandinho was.

I think Tyler said some like encroachment only matters if the penalty is saved, and the encroachee clears the ball.

He cited the fact that Kyle, who did clear it, wasn’t encroaching, as his foot was off the ground.

Wit respect, it's "encroacher". The encroacjee is the penalty area - it has been encroached. (A payee has been paid, the payer does the paying, etc.)
OK, I am a pedant, but.....

Wit respect, it's "encroacher". The encroacjee is the penalty area - it has been encroached. (A payee has been paid, the payer does the paying, etc.)
OK, I am a pedant, but.....
Yes, of course it is. Stupid mistake on my part.

And don’t worry about being a pedant, I am too.

Nowhere near encroaching

20210525_182552.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.