Everton no longer the friendly peoples club..............

Yep, well played Robbie Brewer, only thing I would add is that the bitterness is also compounded by the fact Everton had very good success in recent times (mid 80`s), it`s much harder to take if you have than if you haven`t and no doubt this is more in relation to the older fans, but will be passed on to the younger ones.

Robbie - Poor first post, you lambast Everton fans for being jealous and biiter and in the same breath use that dead give away signifier of jealousy and bitterness - "Munich"

I would also say that Everton using their money to buy from Portsmouth etc is different as it was THEIR money. Money which they had generated by getting to a Cup Final and finishing above us (again) in the league.

WE just got lucky and we should do well to remember that.

Let's hope we beat the rags tonight so we can get over last Saturday's humiliation.

argyle said:
Surprised no one has posted this crappy article, I read half of it and gave up otherwise I would have hit the screen!! I really do hate Everton, their jealous fans and jealous 'journalists!'

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-match-reports/2010/01/18/class-shines-through-as-everton-fc-show-their-worth-in-victory-over-manchester-city-92534-25622878/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/eve ... -25622878/</a>

YOU can have all the Sheikh’s billions but there are still some things money can’t buy. Everton and Manchester City once had much in common, now they are like chalk and cheese.

The team City put out at Goodison was assembled at a cost of £110million.

The three substitutes Roberto Mancini brought on were signed at a combined bill of £45m, around the same price as Everton’s entire starting line-up.

David Moyes would have been within his rights to cast a few envious glances towards the away dugout.

Moyes’s mission to take his club forward has undoubtedly been hampered by a lack of funds, while in contrast Mancini has inherited a bottomless pit of cash to realise Abu Dhabi businessman Sheikh Mansour’s dream of world domination. However, what Moyes has at Everton you can’t put a price on.

His players play for each other and they have pride in the shirt. That passion, desire and collective spirit was clear for all to see on Saturday as City were taught a lesson.

Mancini arrived on the crest of a wave following four straight wins after taking over from Mark Hughes. The Italian left thanking his lucky stars his side weren’t handed a more humiliating defeat.

The scoreline hardly reflected the extent of Everton’s dominance.

First half goals from the exceptional Steven Pienaar and Louis Saha put Everton firmly in control and only the woodwork and poor finishing denied them further reward after the break.

They had the game’s outstanding performer in Marouane Fellaini. The Belgian is enjoying a rich vein of form and clearly flourishing in the holding midfield role.

His manager has hailed him as currently the best midfielder in the top flight and on Saturday’s evidence it’s hard to argue with that assessment.

Fellaini broke up countless City attacks and got Everton moving again. He dominated in the air, was tidy in possession and capped off a good night’s work with a classy dragback and pirouette to outfox Craig Bellamy late on.

The Gwladys Street lapped it up and the only thing missing from Fellaini’s performance was a goal – with Shay Given’s heroics denying him the icing on the cake.

Victory extended Everton’s unbeaten league run to seven games and finally lifted them into the top half of the table.

Not since the Merseyside derby at the end of November have they tasted defeat in the league and now the challenge is to kick on and compete for a top six finish.

It’s a tough ask considering the ground they need to make up but standards have been set that need to be maintained.

This was also a personal triumph for Moyes who was desperate to put one over City following the way they went about signing Joleon Lescott last summer.

A knee injury meant there was no Goodison return for the £22million centre-back but his former manager’s programme notes highlighted just how much that saga still rankles.

There is no doubt that Manchester City treated us with little respect and broke rules in the summer,” the Everton manager wrote.

“I found it hard to accept that a club that until recently had many similarities to Everton should suddenly start acting with no class.”

His side began like they were under strict orders to exact retribution for City’s arrogance. Mancini’s men were never given time to settle on the ball as those in royal blue snapped at their heels and forced them into errors.

Martin Petrov had an early effort pushed away by Tim Howard but after it was one-way traffic.

Everton were superior in all departments and the only surprise was how long it took them to find a breakthrough.

Carlos Tevez, who had scored seven in his previous four league games, was expertly marshalled by rock-solid John Heitinga and Sylvain Distin, who returned from injury to make his first start since December 2.

The prolific Argentinian spent most of the game either on his backside or readjusting his alice band, while Bellamy continuously snarled at his team-mates for the pitiful lack of service.

The early loss of Roque Santa Cruz to injury hardly helped their cause and his replacement Robinho suffered the insult of being substituted himself on the hour mark.

The £32.5m Brazilian, who is reported to earn £160,000 a week, strolled around seemingly disinterested and the only surprise was that Mancini waited so long to haul him off.

In stark contrast, when Distin ran out of gas, young full-back Seamus Coleman came on and fitted in seamlessly with Phil Neville switching to centre-back.

Coleman, who cost roughly the same as three days wages for Robinho, gave everything for the cause and helped ensure City never had a sniff.

In fact Everton should have rubbed salt into the visitors’ wounds.

With 12 minutes to go Fellaini powered Donovan’s corner goalwards but Given somehow touched it onto the bar and Bilyaletdinov wastefully lashed the rebound over.

Next it was Cahill’s turn to curse his luck as his header from Leighton Baines’ cross left Given beaten but bounced back off the woodwork.

“Lescott, what’s the score?” chanted the home supporters.

This was a sweet triumph. In fact you could say it was priceless.

What shits me with articles like this is not the gloating- but the ridiculous things they say. I.e. Bellamy and Tevez were expertly marshaleld by Distin and Heitinga. Sorry but when we couldn't get the ball out of our back 4 barely, Tevez and Bellamy are hardly going to be a problem. I could have played in central defence for Everton and handled the pair fairly comfortably to be honest, and I'm barely backyard standard!

As for the whole argument of this thread, every club has its bad fans, its bitter fans, its violent fans. But two things that should never be seen anywhere are racially based chanting and physicial violence (I.e. bricking of the bus). That is a no go and disgraceful, but every club has its idiots, sadly some more then others.

GolaBoy said:
Robbie - Poor first post, you lambast Everton fans for being jealous and biiter and in the same breath use that dead give away signifier of jealousy and bitterness - "Munich"

I would also say that Everton using their money to buy from Portsmouth etc is different as it was THEIR money. Money which they had generated by getting to a Cup Final and finishing above us (again) in the league.

Let's hope we beat the rags tonight so we can get over last Saturday's humiliation.

What the fuck are you on about?
Why not try reading who's actually posted what!

GolaBoy said:

Lost me mate.... MUNICH? Where?

kismet said:
me and the missus in their main stand........usually some of the friendliest fans you could meet............not on Saturday..............

the abuse was bad, and even Shauny got it when he tried to retrieve the ball, he got vile abuse............

it was if i had personally driven lescott from Goodison to City...............yet they got the best of the deal............

sorry toffees, our clubs were so similar and had a good relationship, no longer, you have been infected by Neville and your standards have dropped big time.............a long time since i have heard such vile abuse............................

won't be associating with their fans for a long long time............

First and foremost, let me just say im not here to cause trouble. I am one of these 'neanderthal' evertonians, season ticket holder for 8 years. I am absolutely shocked at your attitude towards out club.

Firstly, let me say the noises about Micah Richards, if true, is outreagous and fans like that should not be allowed to attend the game. Agreed. However, to tar all evertonians with the same brush is ridiculous and unfair as, being an avid supporter myself, attending home and away games, I have never been abusive towards any other player than the shites, man uniteds or any ex shite (liverpool) player, and not in racist ways.

Secondly, I noticed one of your fans state that we were apparently 'jealous'. Yeah mate, sure we are. And apparently our fans are idiots.

Oh, and as for this 'infected by neville' shite, come on mate, sort it out.

Again, im not here to cause trouble, but some of the arrogance on here is amazing asnd I think some of your fans need to have a long hard think about where your club was 18 months ago.

Thanks

EFC4 note what you say and admittedly not all Everton fans are the same but on saturday it was evident that fans were pumped up more than ever and in a lot of cases it was well over the top.Not sure about the arrogance you talk about as most fans can never forget where we were 7/8 years ago let alone 18months.I think its just the fact that City were never seen as a threat to the big4/5 as it was when Everton were quite rightly in it with the success in the 80s,thats dissappeared now as city have been landed with the money and potential to be at the top table.On Saturday after Moyes stoking the fire it just seemed very very bitter and unneccessary.Everton were the better side on the day and that should have been good enough but the attitude amongst many normally fair minded Everton fans left a bit of a sour taste not the defeat.

GolaBoy said:

What on earth are you talking about Gola, are you on drugs.........Robbie has over 2000 posts on here and didnt mention that word.

Rob, thats was a great post, have you got any brick walls you want me to run through, maybe you should help Mancini with tonights team talk

EFC4LIFE said:
kismet said:
me and the missus in their main stand........usually some of the friendliest fans you could meet............not on Saturday..............

the abuse was bad, and even Shauny got it when he tried to retrieve the ball, he got vile abuse............

it was if i had personally driven lescott from Goodison to City...............yet they got the best of the deal............

sorry toffees, our clubs were so similar and had a good relationship, no longer, you have been infected by Neville and your standards have dropped big time.............a long time since i have heard such vile abuse............................

won't be associating with their fans for a long long time............

First and foremost, let me just say im not here to cause trouble. I am one of these 'neanderthal' evertonians, season ticket holder for 8 years. I am absolutely shocked at your attitude towards out club.

Firstly, let me say the noises about Micah Richards, if true, is outreagous and fans like that should not be allowed to attend the game. Agreed. However, to tar all evertonians with the same brush is ridiculous and unfair as, being an avid supporter myself, attending home and away games, I have never been abusive towards any other player than the shites, man uniteds or any ex shite (liverpool) player, and not in racist ways.

Secondly, I noticed one of your fans state that we were apparently 'jealous'. Yeah mate, sure we are. And apparently our fans are idiots.

Oh, and as for this 'infected by neville' shite, come on mate, sort it out.

Again, im not here to cause trouble, but some of the arrogance on here is amazing asnd I think some of your fans need to have a long hard think about where your club was 18 months ago.

Thanks

What reason would you be on a City forum in the first place?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.