Everton no longer the friendly peoples club..............

Come on Mods we need to do something about these Neverton fans coming on here, if we dont they'll still be clogging up this board with their rubbish when the rearranged game is played

Maybe they'll change the sign on the side of the stadium to "The (White) People's Club"
RobbieB spot on as usual
Golaboy is a dipper in disguise
Don't like the terms 'bindippers' or 'self-pity city'? Have a memorial and a minute's silence about it. It's better than a lot of the harsher descriptions of Liverpudlians in general, and Everton in particular, which have yet to rear their head . . .

The invasion of Everton fans is now becoming tiresome now, I'm going to start using a virtually zero tolerance policy on them, unless they keep their comments in check.

As Robbie said, lets not view these Evertonian posters as anything more than they are, jealous. The jealousy they exhibit is a combination of the Lescott saga and their own misplaced view that Everton somehow deserve the financial windfall we've received more than we do.

In the grand scheme of things Saturday's result isn't actually all that relevant. Yes, we lost, and another three points could very well come in valuable come the end of the season, but lets not view it as anything more than that, a one-off disappointment during this, one of many, seasons. Looking at the bigger picture you can see there are now huge differences between our future and the future of Everton. Scousers can bleat all they like about the source of our revenue, or the league positions over the last 4 seasons, but those comments are entirely irrelevant. Football is about the present and the future, the past is all well and good, for nostalgia purposes, but nothing is as sweet as the experience of achieving something, it's certainly got to be better than the memory of achieveing something.

We've got financial backing, HUGE financial backing, Everton simply don't. There's no investment coming from Kenwright or anyone else currently involved in the club so future purchases will need to come from selling players and TV Revenue/Prize money, the latter of which will decrease over coming seasons as Everton can no longer claim to be the 5th best team in the league.

Evertonians will tell you that it's "only a matter of time before we get taken over too", possibly, but without wearing your blue specs, tell me this, why Everton? Ok, you've got a good sized fanbase, but so do Newcastle and they couldn't attract anyone to buy them. What Evertonians need to realise is that the fact they are in desperate need of a new stadium is a huge stumbling block for potential investment. A new stadium akin to our own will cost in the region of £300m to build, and that's always assuming you can find any land to put it on. Anyone investing in Everton will have to spend £300m of their own money, or loan £300m and risk the associated interest costs, to build a stadium, and that's before we even consider investment in the playing staff. Everton are NOT an attractive option for outside investment, you won't get a Glazer type investor as there's simply no profit to be made from investing in Everton, and you won't get an Abramovich/ADUG type investor as the initial outlay in terms of money won't reap rewards quickly enough. There are far more attractive propositions for investment than Everton, Spurs aren't owned by a wealthy individual, neither is Newcastle. Hell, Liverpool, despite being owned by Hicks/Gillet are still probably more likely to attract investment before Everton do. If Everton were such a decent prospect then why have so many other clubs been taken over ahead of them? ADUG considered Newcastle as an investment, but were put off by the asking price, so they bought City, Everton didn't even enter the equation.

Modern football demands large amounts of cash be spent in order to be competitive, City can do that, so can Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Spurs, Villa and Liverpool (some to greater degrees than others, admitedly), Everton can't and therefore can't remain competitive. I can understand the jealousy of Evertonians, as a City fan I can empathise with only having won 1 trophy in the last 23 years, that lack of success is only marginally better than our own complete lack of it. It also must be extremely hard to look at the last 4 seasons or so, see the 4th place finish, the 5th place finishes and realise that you've actually witnessed the best you're going to get over the next 5 to 10 years.

Matty said:
The invasion of Everton fans is now becoming tiresome now, I'm going to start using a virtually zero tolerance policy on them, unless they keep their comments in check.

As Robbie said, lets not view these Evertonian posters as anything more than they are, jealous. The jealousy they exhibit is a combination of the Lescott saga and their own misplaced view that Everton somehow deserve the financial windfall we've received more than we do.

In the grand scheme of things Saturday's result isn't actually all that relevant. Yes, we lost, and another three points could very well come in valuable come the end of the season, but lets not view it as anything more than that, a one-off disappointment during this, one of many, seasons. Looking at the bigger picture you can see there are now huge differences between our future and the future of Everton. Scousers can bleat all they like about the source of our revenue, or the league positions over the last 4 seasons, but those comments are entirely irrelevant. Football is about the present and the future, the past is all well and good, for nostalgia purposes, but nothing is as sweet as the experience of achieving something, it's certainly got to be better than the memory of achieveing something.

We've got financial backing, HUGE financial backing, Everton simply don't. There's no investment coming from Kenwright or anyone else currently involved in the club so future purchases will need to come from selling players and TV Revenue/Prize money, the latter of which will decrease over coming seasons as Everton can no longer claim to be the 5th best team in the league.

Evertonians will tell you that it's "only a matter of time before we get taken over too", possibly, but without wearing your blue specs, tell me this, why Everton? Ok, you've got a good sized fanbase, but so do Newcastle and they couldn't attract anyone to buy them. What Evertonians need to realise is that the fact they are in desperate need of a new stadium is a huge stumbling block for potential investment. A new stadium akin to our own will cost in the region of £300m to build, and that's always assuming you can find any land to put it on. Anyone investing in Everton will have to spend £300m of their own money, or loan £300m and risk the associated interest costs, to build a stadium, and that's before we even consider investment in the playing staff. Everton are NOT an attractive option for outside investment, you won't get a Glazer type investor as there's simply no profit to be made from investing in Everton, and you won't get an Abramovich/ADUG type investor as the initial outlay in terms of money won't reap rewards quickly enough. There are far more attractive propositions for investment than Everton, Spurs aren't owned by a wealthy individual, neither is Newcastle. Hell, Liverpool, despite being owned by Hicks/Gillet are still probably more likely to attract investment before Everton do. If Everton were such a decent prospect then why have so many other clubs been taken over ahead of them? ADUG considered Newcastle as an investment, but were put off by the asking price, so they bought City, Everton didn't even enter the equation.

Modern football demands large amounts of cash be spent in order to be competitive, City can do that, so can Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Spurs, Villa and Liverpool (some to greater degrees than others, admitedly), Everton can't and therefore can't remain competitive. I can understand the jealousy of Evertonians, as a City fan I can empathise with only having won 1 trophy in the last 23 years, that lack of success is only marginally better than our own complete lack of it. It also must be extremely hard to look at the last 4 seasons or so, see the 4th place finish, the 5th place finishes and realise that you've actually witnessed the best you're going to get over the next 5 to 10 years.
Really great post, however I think it will fall on deaf ears when it comes to our more "classy" friends from the other end of the East Lancs......I must admit at one time I quite liked Everton, but not anymore.

What i think some of us need to remember is that clubs which consistently make a loss will not be able to enter the Champions League from 2013.

As this is the quickest we'll get there (IMO) we'll need to sell an awful lot of players and get more of the wage bill, which brings its own problems.

By the time 2013 comes around, Given will be 37, Barry 32, Toure 32, Bellamy 34, Lescott 30, Swp 32, Bridge 33 etc.

Basically we're going to need a whole new team and these players will no longer have any resale value.

So we'll have to buy 11 or so new players. They won't be cheap and consequently we'll almost certainly make a loss thus denying ourselves our spot in the Champions League.

We can gloat about our 'investment' (although let's be honest, we have a sugar daddy not an investor!) but it won't make a jot of difference if we aren't allowed into the Champions League.

Everton and their uber canny manager (even if he is a bitter twat!) buying the likes of arteat for £2.5m, Pienaar for less, Jagialks for £4m etc are possibly in better shape, particularly as they keep churning out talented youngsters like Rodwell, Gosling, Coleman, Duffy, Osman, Vauaghan, Anichebe etc.

I hope I'm wrong though!

GolaBoy said:
What i think some of us need to remember is that clubs which consistently make a loss will not be able to enter the Champions League from 2013.

As this is the quickest we'll get there (IMO) we'll need to sell an awful lot of players and get more of the wage bill, which brings its own problems.

By the time 2013 comes around, Given will be 37, Barry 32, Toure 32, Bellamy 34, Lescott 30, Swp 32, Bridge 33 etc.

Basically we're going to need a whole new team and these players will no longer have any resale value.

So we'll have to buy 11 or so new players. They won't be cheap and consequently we'll almost certainly make a loss thus denying ourselves our spot in the Champions League.

We can gloat about our 'investment' (although let's be honest, we have a sugar daddy not an investor!) but it won't make a jot of difference if we aren't allowed into the Champions League.

Everton and their uber canny manager (even if he is a bitter twat!) buying the likes of arteat for £2.5m, Pienaar for less, Jagialks for £4m etc are possibly in better shape, particularly as they keep churning out talented youngsters like Rodwell, Gosling, Coleman, Duffy, Osman, Vauaghan, Anichebe etc.

I hope I'm wrong though!

Mate you need to get yourself a girlfriend or something. Youve got too much time on your hands coming on here pretending badly to a City fan.

GolaBoy said:

I hope I'm wrong though!

You've completely lost me there, are you saying Moyes has discovered the Elixir of life and Arteat(sic) Pienaar and Jagialks(sic)are going to stay at the age they are now and will not grow old.

bluwes said:
You've completely lost me there, are you saying Moyes has discovered the Elixir of life and Arteat(sic) Pienaar and Jagialks(sic)are going to stay at the age they are now and will not grow old.

I'm sorry I lost you. However, if you reread my post you'll see I wrote "the likes" of Arteta, Pienaar, Jagielka etc.

That bitter twat doesn't look like losing that knack anytime soon.

£33m for Robinho! Still can't believe it.

Just his wages alone could preclude us from entry to the Champions League!

GolaBoy said:
bluwes said:

I'm sorry I lost you. However, if you reread my post you'll see I wrote "the likes" of Arteta, Pienaar, Jagielka etc.

That bitter twat doesn't look like losing that knack anytime soon.

£33m for Robinho! Still can't believe it.

Just his wages alone could preclude us from entry to the Champions League!

Maybe if you went back to your own teams forum instead of infesting this one you might find more people who will agree with you..bye

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.