Everton Post Match Thread

We dominated them and look like we're starting to play a bit better again. Should of scored but also should of had a penalty.

Was gutted till Liverpool scored and all of a sudden it's game on again. Win on Sat and we can go top.

I agree we could be playing better but some fans seem to need it too easy or they can't handle it.

I didn't say he fell backwards but when a challenge comes from behind, you more ofen than not fall back and not onto your front, I'm not saying its a dive, it wasn't its just the refs view of things and Raheem's usual dives are similar, he's built a reputation for himself and its stung us unless there's an agenda as people say.

Mate, you sound like Howard Webb explaining why Aguero wasn't given a pen against Leicester.

Martinez was bitching at the 4th official earlier in the game when Stones went down (when Besic got booked) as he felt the ref should have stopped the game. Everton had a fucking corner at the time, it was known Stones was in his own half and obviously not doing well.. yet they took the corner and as it didn't go out Stones went to ground in the hope that City kicked it out when we were on the break, when why the fuck would we do that! Utter cock.

Pointless being camped in and playing like that if neither fullback offers any potency in attack. Frustrating nght.
Good point. Sagna isn't bad but his crosses are all high and Sergio has little chance. Zabba makes inside runs and usually cuts the ball back and we know Kolarov can frustrate but he usually delivers something low.
Like to see both given a go v palace with Navas and Sterling wide again.

I do think we are a bit too nice as dubblue has said - you know - accepting the refs decisions in a so called professional way but the sad fact is that it gets you nowhere . Sad that officials in general can't be full of courage and integrity and give the correct call no matter what the consequences are , in the interests of fairness and natural justice . Posters have said the club needs to highlight it more and I think that is something that now definitely needs to be looked at. It's something which we can create ourselves by stirring a storm on here firstly and then hopefully the club itself can make a few inquires . At least do something and afterwards inform the media that letters / inquiries / queries / meetings etc or whatever are being made to the premier league officialdom . It's got to done subtlely and handled properly but obviously something should be done and fairly swiftly .
So frustrating ....
ferguscum was an expert at putting pressure on refs , rooney and team mates spend 90 minutes in the refs ear , dont see us challenging many decisions often enough

Football would be a lot easier without Everton. They're a very frustrating team, they nearly always seem to take points from us.

However, we really should be all over the media telling anyone who will listen, and many who don't want to, that we are being denied definite penalties.

Referees need to be made to feel under intense pressure to award us penalties, just like Ferguson made them feel at the swamp, and Mourinho used to before he lost it this season.
Well said mate

I couldn't care how shit we'd played ( not that we did) but that's a stonewall pen not given irrespective and a likely 3 points gone.

He gets that penalty every time last year for Liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.