Everton Post Match Thread

We were very boring and lacklustre in the first half. Everton were the better side.

Much better second half but we've still not got 'it'. We just don't look like a champion team. We look like a team that is going to finish second or third.

Plus when I looked around the team tonight I thought to myself "do you know what, we aren't actually that great a team, we're just good".

I cannot remember the last time I watched us, whether from a spell in a game or after a game leaving the ground, and thought "wow, we are a really great team" or "wow, we play great football". We did play quite well for about half an hour second half tonight but we've just not got 'it' for me.

Totally agree, I can't remember a game where we have not come away from all season where we have not discussed the negatives in our play.

Roger East is a cheat and a scoundrel. He has continued, like most of the whistling wankers, to apply different criteria to penal offences inside and outside the penalty area. The challenge on Sterling by Stones was the clearest trip you would see on a football field all day long. I saw it from CBL3. WTF can a referee not see it from the distance they have on the pitch. Out on the wing that is a foul every minute of every day but he is a scoundrel because he hides behind the pundit bullshine of suggesting he is not 100% certain. How certain are they of other free kicks like the one in the corner where, as soon as the slightest contact is made, the Everton player, eleven or twelve stone of him, goes down as though the roof has hit him. He is a scoundrel because he will hide behind officialese and officialdom to avoid any sanction for the most abysmal incident of football refereeing you will see in any season.

NB: I've just seen the Swansea penalty where the guy has kicked the ground and gone down. Pen.

Referees and refereeing is just becoming the most consistent piece of lottery and chance you will see all week.

Retire now, Roger East, because you seem incapable of refereeing a match that is consistent with what happens on the pitch.

Too many of us underestimating Everton on this site.Everton outplayed us at our own ground 1st half and definitely played some lovely passing football.2nd half we got right into them but they sat back and defended magnificently and we never really created any clear chances.it may well have been a penalty but Stirling was going nowhere and if it had been given Stones would have been crucified for a stupid challenge and we would have got a win we didn't really deserve.give some credit to everton.I think they are a good team who should be higher up the league

Utter fucking drivel. First half was pretty even but we still edged it. We battered them for 45 minutes in the second half but they defended well. Nailed on pen not given by a cheat of a ref.
It's been full of wums on here tonight, I suspect you're another.

Roger East is a cheat and a scoundrel. He has continued, like most of the whistling wankers, to apply different criteria to penal offences inside and outside the penalty area. The challenge on Sterling by Stones was the clearest trip you would see on a football field all day long. I saw it from CBL3. WTF can a referee not see it from the distance they have on the pitch. Out on the wing that is a foul every minute of every day but he is a scoundrel because he hides behind the pundit bullshine of suggesting he is not 100% certain. How certain are they of other free kicks like the one in the corner where, as soon as the slightest contact is made, the Everton player, eleven or twelve stone of him, goes down as though the roof has hit him. He is a scoundrel because he will hide behind officialese and officialdom to avoid any sanction for the most abysmal incident of football refereeing you will see in any season.

NB: I've just seen the Swansea penalty where the guy has kicked the ground and gone down. Pen.

Referees and refereeing is just becoming the most consistent piece of lottery and chance you will see all week.

Retire now, Roger East, because you seem incapable of refereeing a match that is consistent with what happens on the pitch.

jg2rnb.jpg

Too many of us underestimating Everton on this site.Everton outplayed us at our own ground 1st half and definitely played some lovely passing football.2nd half we got right into them but they sat back and defended magnificently and we never really created any clear chances.it may well have been a penalty but Stirling was going nowhere and if it had been given Stones would have been crucified for a stupid challenge and we would have got a win we didn't really deserve.give some credit to everton.I think they are a good team who should be higher up the league
**** of the clueless variety,yes you.

Was a strangely subdued atmosphere tonight, presumably because of the traffic problems that meant the ground was only half full at kick off.

We were very average in the first half, but a lot better in the second half. Should've had a penalty but for a shocking decision.

I'm sure some people who were convinced that we would lose when the line-ups were announced are now furious that we didn't win. Ah well.

The Arsenal result lessened the blow, but if we're being honest we don't look like potential champions at present.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.