Everton Post Match Thread

2 hours from sale to get to that shower... Missed first half (thankfully) . Everton did a number, new exactly what we were gonna do,same as ranierei and sparky said, easy to setup up against. Formation and tactics all wrong, will probably have the same the weekend. Goal saving challenge from Martin on lukaku, one chance they had, and it was better than all of ours 2nd half ! What's kelechi gotta do to get on the pitch. Even Kolarov would of been worth bringing on for clichy

I was working out of the company's office in Essex today
Left there at 3.15
Stuck in traffic at the bottom of the M6, but still was going to make it comfortably
Then the traffic stopped between 18 and 19 and it took 25 minutes for that 5 miles
Down the 556 onto the M56 and that was shit
Got to the M60 turn off after the airport and it was 7.35, so the earliest I would have been in the ground was 8.15, so I turned round and drove back home to Northwich

1824f6cab73d5662d80794abd0ab9a56a2f31ec6d8ef8eaf92433f361705726b.jpg

Firstly I feared the worst with the team selection. Yaya and Fernando and MDM put the frighteners on me.
First half we played well if not a little slow out of defence into midfield. Then side ways and backwards because of a lack of movement up front particularly from Sterling. Aguero found himself dropping to deep to get involved at times and when we got in good positions in the last third we kept giving it away with cheap sloppy passes. Everton countered and had one or two good situations.

Second half I thought we moved the ball quicker, pass selection was more positive and I thought Navas really stretched the pitch and was a constant out let. Sterling played a little wider too but needs to take his man on more and drive into the area. To many times he checks back or passes it off a couple of yards. I thought fernando,Toure and MDM were solid also otemendi. Clichy had a good game to. He seemed to be the only one really pressing his man throughout the match and Delafeou was subbed in the second half due to him being nullified by clichy. I was very disappointed with KDB. He struggled to get in the game and his passing, delivery and movement wasn't there tonight rightly subbed. Everton offerd very little second half.

I thought the ref and Lino on the Colin bell side were shocking. The Lino waited for the ref to decide before making any desicion. Complete Kop out. The ref was never going to give us anything. He had a shocker.

I said this earlier in the season and will say it again.

This manager and team are nowhere near ruthless enough.

Stones is fucked at right back yet we did fuck all near enough to put him under pressure. A ruthless manager would've had us give him the widest arsehole in history tonight.

We get 85 chances to shoot and pass the fucker.

We've literally become Arsenal.

This all day.
He needs to say it in his composed manner of his and just casually say what does it take for us to get a pen.
Nothing more nothing less.
Haha no way. I want to see him lose it!! Go apeshit. That'll really make them take notice.

Was a good second half performance wish he would stop playing kdb on the left especially when we are playing a more 4 4 1 1 formation, we need to put a good run together at some point everyone seems to be fucking up equally, normally with this points total we would be way back, was quite surprised how defensive Everton played, they defended really well

I honestly think everything will turn out ok. Fernandinho is a massive loss and on another night we completely smash them by 3 or 4. I think our blip is behind us and we'll go on a massive run. Arsenal's defensive unit looks worse than ours and I don't think they've got the stomach for it.

I genuinely wouldn't mind if Leicester won it

I said this earlier in the season and will say it again.

This manager and team are nowhere near ruthless enough.

Stones is fucked at right back yet we did fuck all near enough to put him under pressure. A ruthless manager would've had us give him the widest arsehole in history tonight.

We get 85 chances to shoot and pass the fucker.

We've literally become Arsenal.

Very much agree with that last sentence

I'm fully on board that this summer is time for a change. I just hope we can take a trophy out of the current season

What in the actual fuck.

The absolutely hilarious part of this is that it proves that Raheem is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. If he gets taken down and "eventuates" the contact he is called a diver and the refs wave away the claims. If he gets swept out but just falls naturally to the ground based on the contact the refs completely ignore the incident.

We were very boring and lacklustre in the first half. Everton were the better side.

Much better second half but we've still not got 'it'. We just don't look like a champion team. We look like a team that is going to finish second or third.

Plus when I looked around the team tonight I thought to myself "do you know what, we aren't actually that great a team, we're just good".

I cannot remember the last time I watched us, whether from a spell in a game or after a game leaving the ground, and thought "wow, we are a really great team" or "wow, we play great football". We did play quite well for about half an hour second half tonight but we've just not got 'it' for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.