Everton Post Match Thread

Second half was one of our best halfs of football this season and definitely the best we've played since the first five games.

Especially after saying he wanted to have a look at the replay before making a judgement on the decision.

As poor a decision it was it doesn't excuse the fact we dominated enough of the second half to grab a goal in open play even though I thought yaya's header from a decent cross from Sagna was our best chance I thought to score.

Wish Sagna would whip in more of those , low and with pace as he is clearly capable of doing so.

That was the problem with the 2nd half, fantastic energy, closing down and much sharper passing but we still struggle to create real clear cut openings. Im not sure why we don't seem to be able to do this easily any more. Waiting until the 46th minute to get going doesn't help either.

I'll be honest, I'm still a bit confused regarding Clichy starting. We're playing Palace on Saturday who are known for their pacey wingers vs Everton who we knew would sit back and were at their weakest at right back. Why therefore did we choose to bench our more able fullback in attacking terms for our fullback who has more pace? It's tactical decisions like this which lead me to believe that Manuel is nothing but a chancer. In the Premier League you need to have impeccable squad management and last night simply lead to more questions regarding Manuel's ability to do so.

The right thing to have done last night would be to play Kolarov so we could pressure their weakened right back whilst playing Gael's pace vs Palace.

Unbelievable Jeff.

Spot on regarding Clichy. No thought goes into his selection or subs whatsoever.

I'll be honest, I'm still a bit confused regarding Clichy starting. We're playing Palace on Saturday who are known for their pacey wingers vs Everton who we knew would sit back and were at their weakest at right back. Why therefore did we choose to bench our more able fullback in attacking terms for our fullback who has more pace? It's tactical decisions like this which lead me to believe that Manuel is nothing but a chancer. In the Premier League you need to have impeccable squad management and last night simply lead to more questions regarding Manuel's ability to do so.

The right thing to have done last night would be to play Kolarov so we could pressure their weakened right back whilst playing Gael's pace vs Palace.

Unbelievable Jeff.

Mate you are consumed with appointing blame to Pellegrini for anything and everything right now. Every single post regardless.

Its not healthy lol.

I was chilled till I woke up to the BBC saying Arsenal missed out on three points, not because of crap refereeing but because they conceded a goal. Penalty at Leicester, penalty last night, we'd be top.

Unbelievable Jeff.

To be fair, a lot of people in the pre-match thread were saying Clichy should start to nullify Deloufeu's pace. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Not many people were predicting that Everton would sit back as much as they did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.