Everton Post Match Thread

Who's fault is that the team is not performing?

The responsibility will always end with the manager but we performed last night did we not?

That second half was well on the way to what we are capable of and for a bit of luck in front of goal, a keeper not having his best game of the season against us and a bent ref, we pick up the points.

We are 3 points behind, 3, not 10. Thats just 1 win! Going off that i guess its fair to say if you think we are consistently not performing then nobody in this league is.

Come the end of the season and thats all that matters, we will have won the league again. Bookmark this post ;-)

To be fair, a lot of people in the pre-match thread were saying Clichy should start to nullify Deloufeu's pace. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Not many people were predicting that Everton would sit back as much as they did.

They also claimed a midfield two of Yaya and Fernando was hopeless and Pellegrini had lost his mind and that we would concede goals.

Folk need to chill out and stop trying to second guess every decision the gaffer makes.

They also claimed a midfield two of Yaya and Fernando was hopeless and Pellegrini had lost his mind and that we would concede goals.

Folk need to chill out and stop trying to second guess every decision the gaffer makes.
It was only the fact that everton sat back so much which allowed the midfield two some respite. Whenever they did bother to push forward they bypassed yaya and fernando with relative ease.
As the game finished 0-0 we're more than entitled to second guess the gaffer. Pointing to an improved second half after yet another lacklustre first shouldn't cut it for a team wanting to win the title.

The responsibility will always end with the manager but we performed last night did we not?

That second half was well on the way to what we are capable of and for a bit of luck in front of goal, a keeper not having his best game of the season against us and a bent ref, we pick up the points.

We are 3 points behind, 3, not 10. Thats just 1 win! Going off that i guess its fair to say if you think we are consistently not performing then nobody in this league is.

Come the end of the season and thats all that matters, we will have won the league again. Bookmark this post ;-)
What about the first half though?

I think we did play well in the second half but it's nearly every game now where we start off so slow in the first half, we're challenging for the league here and we keep seeing the team coast in the first half and then realising we have to step it up when it's sometimes too late.

It was only the fact that everton sat back so much which allowed the midfield two some respite. Whenever they did bother to push forward they bypassed yaya and fernando with relative ease.
As the game finished 0-0 we're more than entitled to second guess the gaffer. Pointing to an improved second half after yet another lacklustre first shouldn't cut it for a team wanting to win the title.

They sat back because we would have battered them and they know it.

He got the team right last night.

Lol - as you would say.

You can lol as much as you like.

Many, yourself included predicted doom and gloom and yet again got proved wrong.

Yaya and Fernando played well so now its shift the goal posts and claim its only because Everton sat back or where shit.

You cant have it both ways fella.

Mate you are consumed with appointing blame to Pellegrini for anything and everything right now. Every single post regardless.

Its not healthy lol.

He's utterly bang on the money though!!

(apologies if this is a running joke between the 2 of you regarding Pellegrini's many piss poor decisions)

To be fair, a lot of people in the pre-match thread were saying Clichy should start to nullify Deloufeu's pace. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Not many people were predicting that Everton would sit back as much as they did.

I think there was perhaps an argument to bring Kolorov on for Clichy around the 75 minute mark as Clichy is just poor when it comes to attacking. I am not a Kolorov fan in general but that sub seemed like sense to me.

Navas and Clichy had so many opportunities to get the ball in and just failed to deliver any quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.