Everton - Post match thread.

Agreed. Cannot understand why we have so many happy clappers on here.

It's not all doom and gloom - it's only game 2 ffs and we haven't even finished in the transfer window. But that was not good and we need to improve hugely if we are to win the league, let alone the CL.
And it had the hallmarks of last season which is the most worrying thing for me.

Just got in after the fucking bus driver tried his best to make every fucker miss whatever form of onward transport they had to catch, c****!!!!

Everton are as big a yard dogs as they ever were under Moyes! Cheating, diving, spoiling, fouling, ably assisted by the utter wanker Madely!

Sane is no wingback, Everton targeted that area all game, ultimately resulting in the goal. There was still enough defenders to deal with it and Ederson should have saved it.

Jesus was anonymous and yet again we missed too many chances and over elaborated when in good positions, just shoot for fucks sake! If we don't sign at least one more forward and possibly cover for left back we won't win fuck all. And breath!!

Rant over the subs and tactical switches in the second half did the trick, we pulverised them with ten men. Sterling was magnificent. Great game for a neutral but torture when involved I thought we would never score but thank God we did.
I thought Jesus was our best player in the 1st half. Agree with most of your other points. 2nd half was excellent apart from the finishing. Aguero for might cost us. Jesus has to play down the middle. I'd put Sane and B Silva either side of him. Positive was an outstanding 2nd half. Big negative was dropping 2 points against a poor team.

Really good performance in general despite the ref, but we are not dangerous enough in front of goal. Enough chances and possession to win three games and we are scrambling for a point. Pep said it weeks ago, stop fucking around and get us another goal scoring option.

Positives:
1. Nice to see Sterling have a pop from further out than 6 yards. More players should do this. Make the keeper work ffs. We don't do enough of this.
2. Edersons quick and precise distribution is a good weapon. Players need to be alert and ready to expct this.
3. Good energy and tenacity to get the draw. despite having 10 men and a shit ref.

Negatives:
1. Sloppy defending again - letting a guy that has done cock-all all game amble around and not be picked up for what became an easy goal.
2. Our inability or unwillingness to really turn the tempo up until we're a goal behind.
3. Chances in front of goal wasted far too often.
4. Two points dropped, which the away team will be rejoicing as an away game 'job well done'.

Gutted. However, Bernardo - shades of Kinkladze - the poise, the movement, the way he addresses the ball, invites the tackle and glides away effortlessly. Already a massive bargain. Going to be monstrous for us.

sane as a lwb is awful...he was really poor all around tonight as was GJ.....kdb hit and miss as well.....

deserved the point

sneiderlin was def a second yellow...his trailing foot catches aguero
the walker decision was awful

having said all that i thought we were pretty average.....but still shouldnt be losing points to them.....

we also look so.more solid with kompany central ...at the monent i wouldnt play stones if the whole back line was fit...

left back is going to still be a problem area when mendy isnt on the pitch.....we need another like him to rotate with.

its just not clicking going forward at the moment....bernado looks a great purchase already...he has fight in him...something sane and kdb need to learn from
Both of the send offs were bullshit. Walker threw a slight elbow and shneiderlin's was a good challenge and a pretty bad dive by aguero. The ref was shite.

The peigion breast in the tunnel club was a delight. Football a bit poor. Not impressed.
+1.
I thought i was the only one that felt that way. I'm well happy and hugely optimistic and encouraged after watching that performance. Enjoyed the second half with 10 men, more than the first with 11.
nope, a +1 from me as well. Not an awesome performance admittedly, but very impressed. Especially after going down to 10men!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.