Everton - Post match thread.

Gutted. However, Bernardo - shades of Kinkladze - the poise, the movement, the way he addresses the ball, invites the tackle and glides away effortlessly. Already a massive bargain. Going to be monstrous for us.
You are spot on about Bernardo Silva. He was brilliant. Very happy with City's 2nd half performance with 10 men. Not .any teams could do that. Guardiola got set up wrong I 1st half, or we executed the plan very poorly. I am getting very frustrated with Aguero. He's too easily marked. Jesus was coming deep 1st half and trying to link the play but Aguero can not run beyond the last man. There was more than that wrong in 1st half though.

2nd half our ten men had them on the ropes. Danilo and BSilva were very good. Not sure whether to be happy or sad. EFC were poor but few teams could play like that with 10 men

You Sir are spot on. A ton of shit didn't go our way tonight, but the lads dug in and worked hard to try and nulllify the things that had gone against us. I'd have been concerned if heads would have dropped this early in the season - but they didn't, and that speaks volumes about the desire and character of the players. A neutral wouldn't have believed that we were the team with only 10 men in that second half. There are very few easy games in the PL, and less so against the established teams. There are things that need improvement, but I'm absolutely sure that the mangaement are well aware of this.
I hope so, but I don't think Pep covered himself with glory with his 352 and Sane Walker who sat deep. 1st half was poor.

I must have been at a different game as other than his goal, I thought he was awful
You must have. Or your mind is fixed on waiting for any slight mistakes from him and puzzlingly didn't see that he changed the game, added attacking purpose, found space where others hadn't in the box, took payers on ( and beat them). Yet despite this you thought he was awful. Or is this one of those Clarkie things?

I must have been at a different game as other than his goal, I thought he was awful
No way! He was direct, something we lacked in the first half. Ok, he should have done better with the one he put over the bar but he was a constant threat to their defence. He's the wide player who could cope with the wing back role, not Sane.

Great second half performance.

The one thing I like about Pep is his insistence on playing positive football but that is about it. He will cost us. Why the fuck are we
A. Playing 3 CBs
B. 2 strikers.

We are much better when we don't. We look so much better when the game breaks down. Trying to control the whole game makes it much more difficult.

Pep will indeed play positive and beautiful football. The EyeGouger will maximise the points total. MANUre will not squander points like we did tonight. They will get beaten, but they won't chuck points away that are being gifted.

No way! He was direct, something we lacked in the first half. Ok, he should have done better with the one he put over the bar but he was a constant threat to their defence. He's the wide player who could cope with the wing back role, not Sane.

I thought that along with Bernardo he was the most direct and it was clear that the EFC defenders were having trouble with their bowels when he was at full pelt. He did lose the ball but so did Aguero, and Sergio didn't offer the same threat that Sterling did. Sterling wasn't on long before I was left wondering why he hadn't started.

Well that was Smoking...
Medley was looking for that, the **** spoilt the game...
Otta received a slap in the face and that player didn't walk...
Just knew shrek would score **** cupping his ears thinking he's Tevez, he's not fit to lace his boots...
Aguero wasn't at the races first half imho.

Never a sending off that little **** should get done for simulation trial by video...

Great strike..

There is nothing wrong with the formation you lunatics.
The questions should be raised over starting Sane at LWB rather than Danilo but the formation is and will be a huge source of our success. The versitility, the chance creation, the overloading of midfield it had everything and if you ask me Otamendi, Kompany and (Albiet very slightly less-so) Stones were collosal.
But fuck me you could play any formation but if we don't actually score our chances then we aren't going to win anything, Too many touches and unwillingness to shoot - Which Im sure the brainiacs on here will blame pep for telling them to walk it in, or "Play cute" but he is on record saying he lets the players do what they want in the final third so he won't be telling them not to shoot.
And as for the ref, I would say he couldn't do is job but I suspect he has done his job, very well indeed.
I would love it, proper KK style, if just once someone took the fall and called them out on it; Pep, Kompany, Khaldoon even the Shiek himself. Someone call them out because it's only going to get worse.

Anyway fuck it, onwards and upwards, the fight we showed after the worst sending off since the "Aggressive Walking" debacle was great and I hope we show that fight and character more in the coming weeks.
I think blindfolded shooting practice to recalibrate the aim is in order because we desperetly need to stop wasting chances so much.
Fair do's, but shooting practice (unless it's from a dead ball situation) is pretty much fruitless for a professional footballer. Every goalscoring oppurtunity is fluid, dependant on what's going on around you. It's how you deal with the fluidity and how good you are at composing yourself that matters. It's nothing like playing snooker or golf, whereby the ball you're striking is at a dead stop and nothing else is moving around at the same time. Hence why Sterling skied a ball when closer to the goal, yet scored a sweet shot further out.

I.agree. Thought he was very good apart from finishing. There were.plus points and negatives. Feel we have some amazing midfielders at the club now, but Aguero struggling. I hope we are going to play Jesus down the middle. He has the speed of movement to create space for himself in the box

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.