Everton - Post match thread.

Everton sensed that Sane was the weak link and targeted him ...not Sanes fault as he is a fucking winger.
1st half we were so slow in moving the ball yet in the few instances we moved it quicker we caused them problems and should have scored a couple of goals.
2nd half we moved it so much quicker and looked more likely to score... Sterling made a huge difference with his movement and running at them...good finish too.
Pep needs to stop concentrating on possession and encourage players to move the ball much quicker and shoot.
Ederson looks very comfortable on the ball and his distribution is very good...
Everton for all the money that they have spent are just the same as always..dirty snidey time wasting twats.
Madley is a cheating bastard and City as a club need to make a video of all the disgraceful decisions that have gone against us in the last few years and ask pigmol to explain them and justify them.

Pep puts Sane there
Kompany trusts him with a difficult ball
Sane inexperience - 'can't be boring when the big man's given me this ball'
They'll win us more points than they lose us but lost us two between the three last night

Feel free to PM me if you want to take this irrelevant debate further.

Would be nice if you had any counter to my other arguments, but understandable if you'd rather avoid that by pretending like anyone gives a shit about when someone signed up on Blue Moon.

Perhaps if you didn't parade around like you're some Billy Big Bollocks, insulting anyone who sees it different you, I wouldn't feel the need to call you an arse.

Think Pep wants us to give Tap inns for our strikers we just don't shoot when we should

This.

Kept thinking this the whole match. I know that the stats show 19 shots by Citu, but it often felt like things were overplayed to try and get tap ins rather than letting rip from any sort of distance.

With regards last night, there may be something in the criticism of Sane in so much as his part in their goal, but surely there's no need to be overly critiical of a hugely taleneted and exciting young player that was selected in that role as a bit of a gamble and it didn't really pay off. He did look unfamiliar in the position (understandably) and he was restricted in an attacking sense to a point that almost completely nullified his usual threat. Defensively he was always going to be some way short of what is expected of someone that plays the wing-back role.

As for the decision to play him there, I can see why Guardiola would try it. We were likely to be on the offensive for much of the game and he would, in theory, be more of a threat down the left than you'd expect of Danilo, with any defensive duty being a clear secondary consideration. That we went down to 10-men in the first half was beyond Pep's control, and being 1-0 down at the time meant it was worth keeping Sane there.

In my opinion, it was worth a try, it didn't work as well as we'd have hoped, and a lesson has been learnt, that said, I don't think it was the worst performance in the world from Sane and people seem to have got a little carried away and focused solely on the part he played in their goal.

Ridiculous notion that Sane can't play as a wingback, because he made a couple of mistakes defensively or didn't have a spectacular game going forward.

If a couple of mistakes means you are not able to play the position, then we have no strikers, central defenders or goalkeepers at the club & our mids aren't good enough because of their final ball. They all make at least two mistakes every single game.

I guarantee, that every single fault Sane showed, will be replicated on occasion by Mendy, or Danillo. Maybe even in the very next game.

This should absolutely not cause a goal against, nor an inability to score at the other end.
On the evidence of last night he is not a very good wing back. He was targeted from the start and it was a good tactic as they also clearly exposed Otto's lack of pace.
He is only a young lad but from what I have seen of him so far he would be best further forward linking up with a good wing back/full back. It would not be wise to use him in that role all season if something more serious were to happen to Mendy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.