Everton - Post match thread.

Koeman has a cheek, he was the first putting his hands up calling for Walker to be sent-off.

Then he attempts in the post-match to claim it wasn't a sending off and we got Schneiderlin off.

Aguero and Jesus aren't enough.

If anything, Sergio isn't good enough.

He will keep costing us.

Seen nothing out there which suggests Pep has changed much from last season.

He hets paid plenty to rectify mistakes and everyone in the ground could see Sane was being hung out to dry.

Positives - Bernardo, Sterling and Danilo.

Neither Kun nor Jesus are in any sort of goal scoring form. You can see it in Aguero's reluctance to shoot, having said that his link up play is much improved. His pass for Silva's miss was superb.

Sane was stuck as the wing back because Mendy was injured and Danilo struggled in attack on Saturday.

Bernardo, Sterling and Danilo should start on Saturday

So, have we all calmed down?

First home game out of the way now. We can pick the bones out of the performance and we always seem to be highly negative about our players. Sane has had a right pounding, but in reality Everton did a job on him. They got their tactics right, and we were slow to adapt. Absolutely no Sane's fault. Yes he made some errors, but it was small margins, and he will learn. He is not the finished article, and we have to allow him to grow into his new role instead of smashing his confidence every time he has a tough game.

Second half was great to see Pep get a grip of things and get us playing more fluid attacking football. Let's hope we see him earn his corn this season, as I think we are going to have to play more of an adaptive game (see how the opposition set up, then swap things round to exploit their weaknesses). Everton certainly gave us some problems last night, as will a lot of the teams that come to the Etihad. We certainly have enough impact players to come off the bench if needed.

Regarding the Walker sending off; we'll have to see if the FA put their money where their mouth is, and take retrospective action against Calvert-Lewin, because that was blatant cheating (although wtf was Michael Oliver playing at?). Same for Otamendi; I like Otta, but ffs I wish he stop with the play acting. As for Walkers first booking; it was a cheap one, and I believe if that was the other way round, it's a different outcome (no card). No change there then.

No need for 3-5-2 in most game back to 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3 please and start moving the ball quicker happy with the reaction of management and players second half hopefully we can take that into the game at Bournemouth.

walker never ever even raised his arm.....no elbow at all

sneiderlin catches aguero with the follow through...out of control and dangrrous play...exactly what walker got his first (deserved) yellow for
You have to be the most biased supporter I have seen. Most city fans could admit that shneiderlin second challenge was not a yellow. He got all ball; the contact with the follow leg was incidental. Read the rule book.

Ridiculous notion that Sane can't play as a wingback, because he made a couple of mistakes defensively or didn't have a spectacular game going forward.

If a couple of mistakes means you are not able to play the position, then we have no strikers, central defenders or goalkeepers at the club & our mids aren't good enough because of their final ball. They all make at least two mistakes every single game.

I guarantee, that every single fault Sane showed, will be replicated on occasion by Mendy, or Danillo. Maybe even in the very next game.

This should absolutely not cause a goal against, nor an inability to score at the other end.

But the nagging thought - WTF didn't those subs start? I think Pep's dilemma is that he doesn't have too much of an idea who his best starting eleven would include.
Tricky one though. With our talent bank, we've arguably progressed beyond "best starting eleven" stage to "best fifteen, or whatever". Various permutations ought to work equally well. In any given game, there will be a few top class players waiting on the bench. Just look at the pre-match threads to see the variety of starting elevens us Bluemooners would put out!

As I said elsewhere, though, I'm hoping our ability to make telling late changes could be a clincher. You wouldn't like to be a knackered defender watching the likes of Sterling, Sane, Jesus, Gundogan, Bernardo or Danilo getting ready for action.

i'll take 30% possession with deadly counter attack, consistency and solid rock at the back.
i've missed Bobby.
Kun have improve his all round gameplay, but pay the price with his goal scoring stats.
i'd rather take the old Kun, save his energy to make dangerous run, and always have an eye for goals.

Ridiculous notion that Sane can't play as a wingback, because he made a couple of mistakes defensively or didn't have a spectacular game going forward.

If a couple of mistakes means you are not able to play the position, then we have no strikers, central defenders or goalkeepers at the club & our mids aren't good enough because of their final ball. They all make at least two mistakes every single game.

I guarantee, that every single fault Sane showed, will be replicated on occasion by Mendy, or Danillo. Maybe even in the very next game.

This should absolutely not cause a goal against, nor an inability to score at the other end.

It might or might not work. At this stage, I'd put it down simply to him being right off form.

Pep again at fault for us not getting 3 points.

Everton had no real fight or ambition and other than the ball in behind did not look capable of doing anything.

Sane is not a fucking wing back. A wing back clears the ball and does not keep it in. He was obviously struggling and Pep did nothing to fix it. Danilo was on the bench and should have started. We would not have conceded if Sane had have been played in a position that suits him.

1 down and their usual gamesmanship comes into it. Never a sending off but why... why...do we only start playing with urgency, pace and dare I say it, passion, when we are losing or a player down?

Everton were so deep otamendi and kompany could walk right up to the penalty box and shoot. It was 3pts on a plate.

Jesus Aguero Silva and De Bruyne does not work. They occupy each others space and the final ball is poor because they do not know where the other is running to. One goes in behind one time or drops deep the next.

We were better with De Bruyne deep and Silva as a no10 because they didnt clash. We were better with Aguero on his own because Sterling found better pockets of space.

I do not like how Pep has made our players look to pass when theyre in good areas of the pitch. Pickfords clearance that ended up at de bruynes feet he should be shooting not playing a cute pass to walker. Aguero had some good link up play but his selfishness is why he scores so many. The team are not scoring more with him playing the hold the ball up role so he either comes out of the team or we play another formation. Jesus is better at the link play but Aguero scores more.

Positive problems because we have so much strength in depth but need to sort things quickly. De Bruyne or Silva with Bernardo is how I would play it. Bernardo looks class. And get Sane on as part of a front three not a wing back!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.