Everton Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool also have to beat palace first.. If they dont than even a draw at everton and we are still in pole position

jellert said:
Liverpool also have to beat palace first.. If they dont than even a draw at everton and we are still in pole position

They play Palace Monday, we have Everton sat evening.

The team i would go with v Everton

Hart

Zab
Kompany
Demichelis
Clichy

Garcia
Fernandinho

Nasri
Toure
Silva/Milner (Depending on the fitness of Silva)

Aguero

Martinez has been mixing things up with Everton in light of the Mirallas injury - we be interesting to see how he lines up with Barry out of the side. It was a 5-4-1/5-3-2 vs Southampton. Deulofeu looked bright but they lacked a bit of spark. We will have to be wise to their full backs because they will tend to provide the biggest threat - for that reason I think the 4-4-2 is the best way to go. Southampton and Palace play 4-4-2 and reaped rewards for it. It's the kind of game we can win because we can counter and expose the space in behind the full backs as we did with Palace. Their side is looking quite inexperienced in terms of the number of games they've played together and the players available. Whilst they have some talented individuals - Barkley, Lukaku, Deulofeu... they lack the experience and unity that past Everton sides have had. Without Barry they will have to shuffle the midfield centrally and McArthy will have to balance their attack and defence - similarly to the Newcastle game back in 2012 I feel that whilst it will be tough, we will be able to create chances and win the game.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:13 pm --<br /><br />Anyone heard anything on Baines' injury? Went off, possibly as a precaution after 90mins... but normally not someone that is taken off...

Looks like they will be without Mirallas, Distin, Pienaar, Jagielka, plus Barry ineligible and add Baines to that list and you have to say there won't be many better times to play Everton at Goodison...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.