Everton Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That post by Matt_Toffee was fucking boss lar, hopefully these Everton fans stick it out on here, I'm not ashamed to say I fucking hating Liverpool.

Toffee_Matt said:
(To those not arsed reading this essay I'll give it a summary at the bottom)

I'm sure there has been a surge of Everton fans since this fixture has sprung up such a 'unique' situation, so apologies for clogging up your board (Though I'd like to have a gander in and out of here from time to time as you seem a good bunch).

Just got to say regardless of Saturday, the very very best of luck on becoming this years champions. For a while during your takeover, the lescott and moyes stuff I did have some bitterness towards you. I'd say it was out of a bit of envy and a bit of frustration in seeing you come from below us to far and away above us in absolutely no time. But I'm sure you've heard that from other Everton fans before. Reading through this thread I've got to agree in that Moyes always had our team up for games against you, I think it was a selfish vendetta to be honest. If only he could have shown that sort of passion for games against our lovable neighbours. I'm pretty sure he once coined the phrase 'knife to a gun fight' prior to a game against yourselves. A mentality that he filtered down into the players and fans; the miserable, negative knob. I used to think the sun shined out of his arse, pulled the wool right over mine and many other blues eyes.

Anyway, enough about him. I got over that pettiness, the only way you are really going to pull up trees in this league is with serious money. It would be nice to take some high ground about doing it the 'proper way' but that way just isn't possible anymore. If we had a modern stadium maybe we'd also have the type of investment to compete but alas, we're fighting on different battle fields at the moment.

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching City this season, everyone will remember Liverpool's bum rush football at the back end of this season but are quick to forget the devastating, sweeping football you boys played earlier on in the season. I'd love to have seen Negredo and Aguero to have stayed fit for longer and I'm saying that from a pure football fan point of view, it was brilliant. I've wanted you to win it all season quite honestly, your certainly more favorable than the other toss pot clubs vying for it.

I don't even care about being bitter or small time anymore, I hope you beat us on Saturday and I've never wanted us to be beaten before. Taking a bit of flak off the kopites for kissing your arses and taking a beating is far more appealing than the absolutely cringe fest that will occur should they win it. It's not just the fans, its the media as well. They're all willing it on. Did you notice Tyler practically appealing for a penalty for Liverpool on Sunday?
We'll play as strong a side as possible on Saturday though and Martinez WILL go to win the game, which could in fact play into your hands. We'll see. I'm not going to sit there with a face on if we score or boo if we take the points, if we win I'll still be moderately happy. But that sort of happiness when you have a greasy kebab after a night on the ale...you know this is gonna cost you!

To summarise: COME ON CITEH!!

(again, sorry about the essay)
Rag.
(Great post but it had to be done.)

Such odd feelings going into this game, literally all ive thought about all week and the last couple of nights ive even dreamt about the game.

Last night we were 5-0 down at half time and we won 6-5, even in my dreams were typical City. Don't think I even felt like this going into the Newcastle game two years ago.

There are so many ways Pellegrini could approach this game, I just hope he picks the right one, for what its worth this is what id go with.

Hart

Zabba
VK
MDM
Kolarov

Yaya
Garcia
Silva
Milner

Dzeko
Aguero

Still adamant that Nasri will play instead of Milner but not what id go with. Ferna to come on after 60 minutes to give us the push till the end.

All season, we haven't done enough to earn the right to be top of the table for anywhere near long enough. All the reasons why have been discussed but right now they are irrelevant.

This fixture is a microcosm of our entire season in terms of the title.

A long, hard, tough fight which has really stretched us. However out of sheer stubborness and a little bit of luck over the past week we have one final shot. One final chance to land a knock out blow which we have failed to do all season.

One game of 90 minutes against our toughest opponent over the past few years at the toughest venue.

Conclusion being - we really have to earn this. And if we go and win which I believe we will, we will have really earned it the hard way. And in my opinion, will close the next two games out and win the title for the 2nd time in 3 years.

It will take the most disciplined, mentally strong, assured, composed yet clinical performance of the season. I think we are ready for it.

gio's side step said:
All season, we haven't done enough to earn the right to be top of the table for anywhere near long enough. All the reasons why have been discussed but right now they are irrelevant.

This fixture is a microcosm of our entire season in terms of the title.

A long, hard, tough fight which has really stretched us. However out of sheer stubborness and a little bit of luck over the past week we have one final shot. One final chance to land a knock out blow which we have failed to do all season.

One game of 90 minutes against our toughest opponent over the past few years at the toughest venue.

Conclusion being - we really have to earn this. And if we go and win which I believe we will, we will have really earned it the hard way. And in my opinion, will close the next two games out and win the title for the 2nd time in 3 years.

It will take the most disciplined, mentally strong, assured, composed yet clinical performance of the season. I think we are ready for it.

Great post.

chris85mcfc said:
Such odd feelings going into this game, literally all ive thought about all week and the last couple of nights ive even dreamt about the game.

Same here. My arse is twitching like a rabbit's nose today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.