Everton Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
noirish said:
Fantastic news regarding Merlin, I feel a lot calmer now although I'm just as nervous as I was before the Newcastle game 2012.

Definitely feel a bit calmer now. Just knowing Silva will play is more effective than a dose of Immodium.

Fookin mint if Silva is fit for tomoz!!!!!! Will he play Kun up on his own,with the mercurial little wizard playing his (best in the league by a mile) number 10???? Think that's the best way to start ? And we can push Yaya forward if we need Plan B? We look a different team with the little unshaven Iberian alchemist as he has the skill and talent to unlock at the edge of the box , take United for example at Goodison the other week they had loads of possession in the final third but had no penetration and they have Mata enough said!! We have the difference and the penetration in Silva, who was beaten to the team of the year by wait for it......Adam Lallana!!! Silva should also be praised for being a little fookin warrior who plays when he is injured and it looks like hates missing a game. That is a valuable trait in a modern day footballer. We should also bear in mind if he is still a bit injured he is risking his World Cup, this to me also shows he puts the team in front of himself!! Top lad...little Warrior!!!

Pellers on SLY SPORTS NEWS now doing his Friday press , it is third story behind Man Utd and Arsenal though!!! It doesn't fucking surprise me anymore , our game is by far the biggest game of the season and we are behind the Giggs Wankfest!! Biased Sky bollocks!!

i fully expect the 'same old city turn up' and squash our expectations !!!

my own mind game... i hope

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!

everton's tactics now sorted - kick the shit out of David.

I'm going for a walk up to town to watch the girls go by - can't concentrate on work today at all...

M18CTID said:
Toffee_Matt said:
(To those not arsed reading this essay I'll give it a summary at the bottom)

I'm sure there has been a surge of Everton fans since this fixture has sprung up such a 'unique' situation, so apologies for clogging up your board (Though I'd like to have a gander in and out of here from time to time as you seem a good bunch).

Just got to say regardless of Saturday, the very very best of luck on becoming this years champions. For a while during your takeover, the lescott and moyes stuff I did have some bitterness towards you. I'd say it was out of a bit of envy and a bit of frustration in seeing you come from below us to far and away above us in absolutely no time. But I'm sure you've heard that from other Everton fans before. Reading through this thread I've got to agree in that Moyes always had our team up for games against you, I think it was a selfish vendetta to be honest. If only he could have shown that sort of passion for games against our lovable neighbours. I'm pretty sure he once coined the phrase 'knife to a gun fight' prior to a game against yourselves. A mentality that he filtered down into the players and fans; the miserable, negative knob. I used to think the sun shined out of his arse, pulled the wool right over mine and many other blues eyes.

Anyway, enough about him. I got over that pettiness, the only way you are really going to pull up trees in this league is with serious money. It would be nice to take some high ground about doing it the 'proper way' but that way just isn't possible anymore. If we had a modern stadium maybe we'd also have the type of investment to compete but alas, we're fighting on different battle fields at the moment.

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching City this season, everyone will remember Liverpool's bum rush football at the back end of this season but are quick to forget the devastating, sweeping football you boys played earlier on in the season. I'd love to have seen Negredo and Aguero to have stayed fit for longer and I'm saying that from a pure football fan point of view, it was brilliant. I've wanted you to win it all season quite honestly, your certainly more favorable than the other toss pot clubs vying for it.

I don't even care about being bitter or small time anymore, I hope you beat us on Saturday and I've never wanted us to be beaten before. Taking a bit of flak off the kopites for kissing your arses and taking a beating is far more appealing than the absolutely cringe fest that will occur should they win it. It's not just the fans, its the media as well. They're all willing it on. Did you notice Tyler practically appealing for a penalty for Liverpool on Sunday?
We'll play as strong a side as possible on Saturday though and Martinez WILL go to win the game, which could in fact play into your hands. We'll see. I'm not going to sit there with a face on if we score or boo if we take the points, if we win I'll still be moderately happy. But that sort of happiness when you have a greasy kebab after a night on the ale...you know this is gonna cost you!

To summarise: COME ON CITEH!!

(again, sorry about the essay)

Good post mate.

To be honest, there was a bit of an edge between City and Everton fans long before we were taken over. However, this was ramped up a fair few notches when the Lescott saga unfolded (while some Everton fans were annoyed about us winning the lottery, for me it was this particular episode that really drove a wedge between the two sets of fans). I don't blame Everton fans for siding with Moyes - after all, he was your manager and had done a decent job for you so you were hardly going to criticise him for his stance and comments. It was Moyes who I held ultimately responsible for turning City and Everton fans against each other.

However, if I thought some of his comments were a disgrace at the time, they pale into insignificance when compared to his comments about Everton last summer when United made that joint bid for Baines and Fellaini. It's one thing pissing off a club and set of fans (us) that he doesn't owe any gratitude to, but to do it to a fanbase and a club that had previously given him their blessing when he left for the United job was as low as it gets. If United had put in a realistic opening offer and Moyes had kept his gob shut then I've no doubt that most Evertonians would still have a lot of time for him.

Anyway, while I don't think we'll ever be bosom buddies there's definitely been a thawing of relations of late now that Moyes is no longer associated with Everton. Ironically, at boardroom level I suspect relations between both clubs have been quite good throughout as evidenced by subsequent business we've done in relation to the loan deal for Barry and the Rodwell transfer - both of which were done with the minimum of fuss.

I'd go along with all that mate, nice one. If you don't mind throwing us a couple of cheeky loans next season as well it would improve relations even more ;-)
It's good to hear you understood our anger towards Moyes, heard a lot of nonsense in the media and from various pundits saying how it was disrespectful the way we were treating him after all that time as our manager. Aye, he did a good job and people forget he got a cracking send off from our fans. When you look back at it, we gave him a standing ovation for running down his contract to join what was historically a rival in Man Utd. He didn't make Everton and we never won a single trophy in all that time so why we should just ignore his disrespectful attitude towards us is beyond me. Probably preaching to the choir on that one anyway, you lot seem to have had it in for him BEFORE he was Utd manager haha.

Noticed a couple of comments on the 'Citeh' reference, is this derogatory or something? I've used it in many texts this season with mates, affectionately of course. No dissing meant.

From our point of view tomorrow tactically. Don't be surprised if we set up similar to how we did against Utd the other week. I think we'll sit a bit deeper and allow you the ball a bit more then look to isolate your CB's with quick balls to Lukaku and Naismith if your move breaks down. We could even go with 3 cb's and wing backs due to Barry's omission. Sod it what do I know?

If Silva is fit then do you think he'll start?

I just hope he's fully fit and they've not rushed it because of the magnitude of the game, because if he's firing on all cylinders, Everton's defence are in for a very tough evening.

Toffee_Matt said:
M18CTID said:
Toffee_Matt said:
(To those not arsed reading this essay I'll give it a summary at the bottom)

I'm sure there has been a surge of Everton fans since this fixture has sprung up such a 'unique' situation, so apologies for clogging up your board (Though I'd like to have a gander in and out of here from time to time as you seem a good bunch).

Just got to say regardless of Saturday, the very very best of luck on becoming this years champions. For a while during your takeover, the lescott and moyes stuff I did have some bitterness towards you. I'd say it was out of a bit of envy and a bit of frustration in seeing you come from below us to far and away above us in absolutely no time. But I'm sure you've heard that from other Everton fans before. Reading through this thread I've got to agree in that Moyes always had our team up for games against you, I think it was a selfish vendetta to be honest. If only he could have shown that sort of passion for games against our lovable neighbours. I'm pretty sure he once coined the phrase 'knife to a gun fight' prior to a game against yourselves. A mentality that he filtered down into the players and fans; the miserable, negative knob. I used to think the sun shined out of his arse, pulled the wool right over mine and many other blues eyes.

Anyway, enough about him. I got over that pettiness, the only way you are really going to pull up trees in this league is with serious money. It would be nice to take some high ground about doing it the 'proper way' but that way just isn't possible anymore. If we had a modern stadium maybe we'd also have the type of investment to compete but alas, we're fighting on different battle fields at the moment.

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching City this season, everyone will remember Liverpool's bum rush football at the back end of this season but are quick to forget the devastating, sweeping football you boys played earlier on in the season. I'd love to have seen Negredo and Aguero to have stayed fit for longer and I'm saying that from a pure football fan point of view, it was brilliant. I've wanted you to win it all season quite honestly, your certainly more favorable than the other toss pot clubs vying for it.

I don't even care about being bitter or small time anymore, I hope you beat us on Saturday and I've never wanted us to be beaten before. Taking a bit of flak off the kopites for kissing your arses and taking a beating is far more appealing than the absolutely cringe fest that will occur should they win it. It's not just the fans, its the media as well. They're all willing it on. Did you notice Tyler practically appealing for a penalty for Liverpool on Sunday?
We'll play as strong a side as possible on Saturday though and Martinez WILL go to win the game, which could in fact play into your hands. We'll see. I'm not going to sit there with a face on if we score or boo if we take the points, if we win I'll still be moderately happy. But that sort of happiness when you have a greasy kebab after a night on the ale...you know this is gonna cost you!

To summarise: COME ON CITEH!!

(again, sorry about the essay)

Good post mate.

To be honest, there was a bit of an edge between City and Everton fans long before we were taken over. However, this was ramped up a fair few notches when the Lescott saga unfolded (while some Everton fans were annoyed about us winning the lottery, for me it was this particular episode that really drove a wedge between the two sets of fans). I don't blame Everton fans for siding with Moyes - after all, he was your manager and had done a decent job for you so you were hardly going to criticise him for his stance and comments. It was Moyes who I held ultimately responsible for turning City and Everton fans against each other.

However, if I thought some of his comments were a disgrace at the time, they pale into insignificance when compared to his comments about Everton last summer when United made that joint bid for Baines and Fellaini. It's one thing pissing off a club and set of fans (us) that he doesn't owe any gratitude to, but to do it to a fanbase and a club that had previously given him their blessing when he left for the United job was as low as it gets. If United had put in a realistic opening offer and Moyes had kept his gob shut then I've no doubt that most Evertonians would still have a lot of time for him.

Anyway, while I don't think we'll ever be bosom buddies there's definitely been a thawing of relations of late now that Moyes is no longer associated with Everton. Ironically, at boardroom level I suspect relations between both clubs have been quite good throughout as evidenced by subsequent business we've done in relation to the loan deal for Barry and the Rodwell transfer - both of which were done with the minimum of fuss.

I'd go along with all that mate, nice one. If you don't mind throwing us a couple of cheeky loans next season as well it would improve relations even more ;-)
It's good to hear you understood our anger towards Moyes, heard a lot of nonsense in the media and from various pundits saying how it was disrespectful the way we were treating him after all that time as our manager. Aye, he did a good job and people forget he got a cracking send off from our fans. When you look back at it, we gave him a standing ovation for running down his contract to join what was historically a rival in Man Utd. He didn't make Everton and we never won a single trophy in all that time so why we should just ignore his disrespectful attitude towards us is beyond me. Probably preaching to the choir on that one anyway, you lot seem to have had it in for him BEFORE he was Utd manager haha.

Noticed a couple of comments on the 'Citeh' reference, is this derogatory or something? I've used it in many texts this season with mates, affectionately of course. No dissing meant.

From our point of view tomorrow tactically. Don't be surprised if we set up similar to how we did against Utd the other week. I think we'll sit a bit deeper and allow you the ball a bit more then look to isolate your CB's with quick balls to Lukaku and Naismith if your move breaks down. We could even go with 3 cb's and wing backs due to Barry's omission. Sod it what do I know?

If Silva is fit then do you think he'll start?

What has surprised a lot of us, I think, about this season is that before the season started we largely thought Moyes, vile though he is, had done a pretty good job at Everton with meagre resources, was a good manager and would make a half decent fist of it at the swamp.

Yet this season, we all know what a shower he has reduced last season's champions to, with no major players lost and the addition of two multi million pound purchases.

Martinez however has taken Moyes' squad, has added little to it (but added well) and has spent very little in doing so. He has taken them well beyond anything Moyes achieved (after losing one of last season's best players) and got them playing very good football while doing so. It's as though Moyes was driving Everton with the handbrake on, and Martinez has not only released the handbrake, he's tuned the engine as well.

On the Citeh thing, I think most blues don't mind it hugely. It is irritating but the rags don't like being called rags, Liverpool don't like being called the dippers and Arsenal don't like being called the Tarquins. Fuck 'em. What was really annoying was the fact that Citeh - a sort of poor impersonation of a mancunian accent - was used by fucking rags as an insult. Is there anything more ironic than Manchester United fans using a mancunian accent as a reason to belittle Manchester City fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.