Demichelis
Kolarov

Dinho
Yaya

Milner
Silva
Nasri

Aguero.

Tough on Garcia and Edin. My only doubt would be Kolarov or Clichy.

I'd go for the same but with the exception of Clichy in for Kolarov.

He's better defensively but offers nothing going forward, I suppose away from home against a very good side the better defender might get the nod.<br /><br />-- Fri May 02, 2014 1:57 pm --<br /><br />
Balti said:
Milner must start imo

Absolutely 100% agree.

Toffee_Matt said:
M18CTID said:
Toffee_Matt said:
(To those not arsed reading this essay I'll give it a summary at the bottom)

I'm sure there has been a surge of Everton fans since this fixture has sprung up such a 'unique' situation, so apologies for clogging up your board (Though I'd like to have a gander in and out of here from time to time as you seem a good bunch).

Just got to say regardless of Saturday, the very very best of luck on becoming this years champions. For a while during your takeover, the lescott and moyes stuff I did have some bitterness towards you. I'd say it was out of a bit of envy and a bit of frustration in seeing you come from below us to far and away above us in absolutely no time. But I'm sure you've heard that from other Everton fans before. Reading through this thread I've got to agree in that Moyes always had our team up for games against you, I think it was a selfish vendetta to be honest. If only he could have shown that sort of passion for games against our lovable neighbours. I'm pretty sure he once coined the phrase 'knife to a gun fight' prior to a game against yourselves. A mentality that he filtered down into the players and fans; the miserable, negative knob. I used to think the sun shined out of his arse, pulled the wool right over mine and many other blues eyes.

Anyway, enough about him. I got over that pettiness, the only way you are really going to pull up trees in this league is with serious money. It would be nice to take some high ground about doing it the 'proper way' but that way just isn't possible anymore. If we had a modern stadium maybe we'd also have the type of investment to compete but alas, we're fighting on different battle fields at the moment.

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching City this season, everyone will remember Liverpool's bum rush football at the back end of this season but are quick to forget the devastating, sweeping football you boys played earlier on in the season. I'd love to have seen Negredo and Aguero to have stayed fit for longer and I'm saying that from a pure football fan point of view, it was brilliant. I've wanted you to win it all season quite honestly, your certainly more favorable than the other toss pot clubs vying for it.

I don't even care about being bitter or small time anymore, I hope you beat us on Saturday and I've never wanted us to be beaten before. Taking a bit of flak off the kopites for kissing your arses and taking a beating is far more appealing than the absolutely cringe fest that will occur should they win it. It's not just the fans, its the media as well. They're all willing it on. Did you notice Tyler practically appealing for a penalty for Liverpool on Sunday?
We'll play as strong a side as possible on Saturday though and Martinez WILL go to win the game, which could in fact play into your hands. We'll see. I'm not going to sit there with a face on if we score or boo if we take the points, if we win I'll still be moderately happy. But that sort of happiness when you have a greasy kebab after a night on the ale...you know this is gonna cost you!

To summarise: COME ON CITEH!!

(again, sorry about the essay)

Good post mate.

To be honest, there was a bit of an edge between City and Everton fans long before we were taken over. However, this was ramped up a fair few notches when the Lescott saga unfolded (while some Everton fans were annoyed about us winning the lottery, for me it was this particular episode that really drove a wedge between the two sets of fans). I don't blame Everton fans for siding with Moyes - after all, he was your manager and had done a decent job for you so you were hardly going to criticise him for his stance and comments. It was Moyes who I held ultimately responsible for turning City and Everton fans against each other.

However, if I thought some of his comments were a disgrace at the time, they pale into insignificance when compared to his comments about Everton last summer when United made that joint bid for Baines and Fellaini. It's one thing pissing off a club and set of fans (us) that he doesn't owe any gratitude to, but to do it to a fanbase and a club that had previously given him their blessing when he left for the United job was as low as it gets. If United had put in a realistic opening offer and Moyes had kept his gob shut then I've no doubt that most Evertonians would still have a lot of time for him.

Anyway, while I don't think we'll ever be bosom buddies there's definitely been a thawing of relations of late now that Moyes is no longer associated with Everton. Ironically, at boardroom level I suspect relations between both clubs have been quite good throughout as evidenced by subsequent business we've done in relation to the loan deal for Barry and the Rodwell transfer - both of which were done with the minimum of fuss.

I'd go along with all that mate, nice one. If you don't mind throwing us a couple of cheeky loans next season as well it would improve relations even more ;-)
It's good to hear you understood our anger towards Moyes, heard a lot of nonsense in the media and from various pundits saying how it was disrespectful the way we were treating him after all that time as our manager. Aye, he did a good job and people forget he got a cracking send off from our fans. When you look back at it, we gave him a standing ovation for running down his contract to join what was historically a rival in Man Utd. He didn't make Everton and we never won a single trophy in all that time so why we should just ignore his disrespectful attitude towards us is beyond me. Probably preaching to the choir on that one anyway, you lot seem to have had it in for him BEFORE he was Utd manager haha.

Noticed a couple of comments on the 'Citeh' reference, is this derogatory or something? I've used it in many texts this season with mates, affectionately of course. No dissing meant.

From our point of view tomorrow tactically. Don't be surprised if we set up similar to how we did against Utd the other week. I think we'll sit a bit deeper and allow you the ball a bit more then look to isolate your CB's with quick balls to Lukaku and Naismith if your move breaks down. We could even go with 3 cb's and wing backs due to Barry's omission. Sod it what do I know?

If Silva is fit then do you think he'll start?

Welcome Toffee_Matt. It's always good to get the considered views of our oppos.

There's never been much love lost between Everton and City fans but on an individiual level its' different., eg my best mate of nearly 30 years is an Evertonian, but I know City'll never be his favourite other team and vice versa.

Both clubs and fans have more in common than we care to admit, though Everton has been quite a bit more succesful than our dear old City over the years. We're trying to do something about that!

Which brings me to Moyes, Matt. I really rated him at Preston (even thought he would have been a good choice to replace Joe Royle after we got relegated in 2001) and Everton. He did a good job for you, but as you say, he won nothing. In his time at Goodison Birmingham, Wigan and Swansea have all won trophies but to this outsider it looked like Moyes' negative tactics probably cost you - you clearly know better. From my mate (who I used to call the "Sharp-Sheedy-Lineker man" back in the 80s when you had a great side I know what a great club Everton can be. And I agree with him when he says Everton would have won the 1986 European Cup, had it not been for Heysel. Ok, a single match can go wrong but that was a very good side.

Moyes to be passing you off as plucky little Everton in games might work as a motivational tool in some games but ultimately sold a great club with great support short. It probably created an inferiority complex with your neighbours amongst the Everton players. You're Everton for God's sake - not what he tried to portray: perpetual underdogs.

I hated Moyes for the way he behaved over Lescott. Everton held out for more money as was their right, but then to whinge about it beause it dragged on into the season having taken £24m (about £9m overpriced for a decent defender) was a bit rich. If EFC had taken less money their start to the season would not have been disrupted. Methinks Moyes was already auditioning for the United job by then and he may ahve thought that sticking the boot in would help him.

What do you think about your board voting for the Premier League version of so-called "Financial Fair Play". Don't you think it stops a club with a successful history from being able to compete at the very top level by putting of new investors (like ours) coming in and taking you where we are? Aren't your owners (Like Villa's Newcastle's etc) selling Everton a bit short (knowing it will give them an excuse not to invest)?

I see where you are coming from but do you really want to lose tomorrow, Matt? I never want City to lose, even if it helps stop you know who (eg I hated those 0-4 defeats to Arsenal).

Appreciate your posts. Be good to hear from you again.

COME ON CITY!

Ive a rumbling in my loins..our first 11 and bench is causing a stir down below..very strong like bull!!

citysix said:
Ive a rumbling in my loins..our first 11 and bench is causing a stir down below..very strong like bull!!

But it is the twats, Neverton. How do we not get Goodison Chip Shop Park Bogey Team Bastards Syndrome like we always do. As sure as England losing a penalty shootout. And I can't stand Saturday late afternoon kick offs. Nothing good comes of them.

SteWadda said:
gmckennasell said:
evertonians will be up for this , they hate the martyrs , but the team they hate most outside dipperpool is city , because of the lescott business and gargoyle whipping them up to a frenzy , they will enjoy us cocking up our title challenge at goodison , just as much as ending the martyrs title dreams , its a win/win for the bluenoses of scouseland , expect absolutley no favours from this lot . A tough game , but with gazbaz not playing and distin and jagielka a bit ring rusty from injury , we will do them. COYB

Every Everton fan I know and I'll admit it's not many want us to lose. I have had a look on everton forums and most aren't arsed if they lose but some really want us to win. I don't think they do hate us that was just Moyes wasn't it??
its 50/50 with the evertonians i know. my mate stu said he hopes we win 8-0, with 7 of them own goals. a couple sitting on the fence, but there's one particularly bitter individual who says she's not arsed about liverpool and hopes they bum us. why in the fuck did i marry her???

Pam said:
citysix said:

But it is the twats, Neverton. How do we not get Goodison Chip Shop Park Bogey Team Bastards Syndrome like we always do. As sure as England losing a penalty shootout. And I can't stand Saturday late afternoon kick offs. Nothing good comes of them.

Don't be defeatist, think positive, we are going to win !!<br /><br />-- Fri May 02, 2014 2:12 pm --<br /><br />
bluejon said:
SteWadda said:
gmckennasell said:
evertonians will be up for this , they hate the martyrs , but the team they hate most outside dipperpool is city , because of the lescott business and gargoyle whipping them up to a frenzy , they will enjoy us cocking up our title challenge at goodison , just as much as ending the martyrs title dreams , its a win/win for the bluenoses of scouseland , expect absolutley no favours from this lot . A tough game , but with gazbaz not playing and distin and jagielka a bit ring rusty from injury , we will do them. COYB

Every Everton fan I know and I'll admit it's not many want us to lose. I have had a look on everton forums and most aren't arsed if they lose but some really want us to win. I don't think they do hate us that was just Moyes wasn't it??
its 50/50 with the evertonians i know. my mate stu said he hopes we win 8-0, with 7 of them own goals. a couple sitting on the fence, but there's one particularly bitter individual who says she's not arsed about liverpool and says she wont let me bum her if we win, why the fuck did I marry her ???? /quote]

Edited for you :)

kippaxblue76 said:
Pam said:
citysix said:

Don't be defeatist, think positive, we are going to win !!

God, I hope so. I'm not really defeatist. None of that bogey team shit is real when you think about it rationally. I haven't been this freaked out since the Newcastle game two years ago and this is because I agree that we may well win it.

Pam said:
kippaxblue76 said:
Pam said:

Don't be defeatist, think positive, we are going to win !!

God, I hope so. I'm not really defeatist. None of that bogey team shit is real when you think about it rationally. I haven't been this freaked out since the Newcastle game two years ago and this is because I agree that we may well win it.

I think every single one of our players will be hyped up for this and nothing will stop them, they know they have got a second chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.