everton scum

blumoonrises said:
mancitytmdanttom said:

Too true mate - saw some god awful things in the 80's
I was there home and away right through the 80's, apart from a bit of banter in platt lane, I never had no prob.... he who lives by the sword etc..

Not sure how any blue could have gone to EFC or LFC in the 80's without getting some meither. They just seemed to know who you supported regardless of colours etc. Personally been leathered at Anfield and Goodison, and nearly stabbed in the cemetry by Stanley park. The league cup match was 81 I think. I know the cool cats ran coaches to the Everton league game a few weeks before and then all went on the train to the Anfield match. They handed out leaflets on the Kippax encouraging eveyone to "travel the only way, the cool cat way...no runners no doorknockers"!!Both were an absolute night mare.I remember all the kids in school making weapons in metal work for the LC game...kung fu stars etc. There was fights from the Anfield Road all the way to Lime Street after the match and the MEN reported 7 people stabbed. By far the worst night of violence Ive seen at a match. It was almost impossible not to get caught up in it that night.

If you have facebook take a little look at City's official page, there's some little twats on it still going on about their cup final.

BillyMC said:
blumoonrises said:
I was there home and away right through the 80's, apart from a bit of banter in platt lane, I never had no prob.... he who lives by the sword etc..

Not sure how any blue could have gone to EFC or LFC in the 80's without getting some meither. They just seemed to know who you supported regardless of colours etc. Personally been leathered at Anfield and Goodison, and nearly stabbed in the cemetry by Stanley park. The league cup match was 81 I think. I know the cool cats ran coaches to the Everton league game a few weeks before and then all went on the train to the Anfield match. They handed out leaflets on the Kippax encouraging eveyone to "travel the only way, the cool cat way...no runners no doorknockers"!!Both were an absolute night mare.I remember all the kids in school making weapons in metal work for the LC game...kung fu stars etc. There was fights from the Anfield Road all the way to Lime Street after the match and the MEN reported 7 people stabbed. By far the worst night of violence Ive seen at a match. It was almost impossible not to get caught up in it that night.

No segregation in the annie road end either....Not good days.

I even remember seeing blues wearing Liverpool scarves and thinking you wankers. Now I think differently.

BillyMC said:
blumoonrises said:

I went to that game with my mum and dad (I was 8). We sat on the front row of the Kemlyn Road and actually all stood up and cheered when Kevin Reeves equalised on the night. We walked back to the coach across Stanley Park after the game, which was a mixed Liverpool/City coach from Eavesway in Newton-le-Willows. No bother whatsoever. So it was possible!:)

I do remember hearing the reports about the violence the next day in the paper and being astounded as we never got wind of a thing.

DD said:
BillyMC said:

I went to that game with my mum and dad (I was 8). We sat on the front row of the Kemlyn Road and actually all stood up and cheered when Kevin Reeves equalised on the night. We walked back to the coach across Stanley Park after the game, which was a mixed Liverpool/City coach from Eavesway in Newton-le-Willows. No bother whatsoever. So it was possible!:)

I do remember hearing the reports about the violence the next day in the paper and being astounded as we never got wind of a thing.

those in the seats rarely saw trouble to be honest (unless it was Leeds). It was the lads on the standing terraces who usually saw trouble. A mixed coach would have helped you from the sound of it too. Never in my experience did scousers mix with mancs in those days but Newton Le Willows may have been different?

you're just looking at this from one perspective , going to Maine Road in the 70's and 80's wasn't exactly a bowl of cherries . Lets face it , trouble now is just a smattering compared to what it was then , Now it's isolated incidents from individual dickheads on both sides . If an Everton "fan " goes to a game now with the sole intention of injuring someone it's rare and I hope they throw the book at the bastards responsible ... but don't try to pretend all City fans are holier than thou angels ... there are arseholes everywhere

mancityvstoke said:
BillyMC said:

I even remember seeing blues wearing Liverpool scarves and thinking you wankers. Now I think differently.

I actually remember a piece in the paper, think it may have been the evening news about a City fan wearing a Liverpool scarf to the match to try and avoid any trouble, he was beaten up by City fans though.

Dirty Harry said:
mancityvstoke said:

I actually remember a piece in the paper, think it may have been the evening news about a City fan wearing a Liverpool scarf to the match to try and avoid any trouble, he was beaten up by City fans though.

wasn't us your honour

mancityvstoke said:
Dirty Harry said:

wasn't us your honour

I think the lad saw the funny side though so I suppose he wasn`t beaten too badly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.