Everton takeover

'm very confident that we won't sell Lescott now ,

Lescott will hand in a transfer request if he has to force the move through. Myself im not sure about Lescott, but Everton wont hold onto him if city want him, your living in cloud cockoo land if you think otherwise.

Shooter 83 said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
There's an air of uncertainty involving Everton at the moment .
Nobody quite knows what's going on , and reports of take overs ( 3 or 4 in the last 6 months ) don't help the fans .
I'm very confident that we won't sell Lescott now , and think we might just suck it and see this season with a few decent signings and a few youngsters getting more of a chance . Onuoha is a decent little player , but he's possibly not yet up to the standard that Hughes needs , and would probably find himself out of the frame sooner rather than later if Hughes connects with other targets .
Hughes is a good manager , and will make the right decision for Onuoha . It may end up as a loan deal , but either way , I wouldn't think you'll get Lescott .
I actually think you have more chance of getting Terry for what it's worth , as the new manager won't yet have earnt Terry's loyalty .

Can I just ask DSOB, why have your fans moaned and winged about our takeover when you are begging for this yourself? I'd pretty much say your fans have been the most bitter out of everyone.. about our takeover.

I can't speak for other fans m8 , though I'm not sure about your statement being 100% correct either .
On every forum , their is a core base of members who regularly post . That core base represent the opinion of the fans , but only an opinion of a core base . Add to that , that not all of the core base will agree with one and other , and your claim leaks water slightly . Not every Everton fan posts on forums , just as it is the same for every club .

Apologies if this is already posted,

Everton release official statement denying rumours of takeover;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/39013/club-statement.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/3 ... ement.html</a>

Shooter 83 said:
Can I just ask DSOB, why have your fans moaned and winged about our takeover when you are begging for this yourself? I'd pretty much say your fans have been the most bitter out of everyone.. about our takeover.

Clubs like Spurs, Villa and Everton have been the ones outside the top four who've probably performed most consistently over the last few years, and, though we have had excellent support through our dark days, they'd probably claim to be bigger than us - on the grounds that a big club doesn't spend the time we have over the last three decades outside the top flight or in the bottom half of it, or that it doesn't go 30-odd years without winning something. In other words, even if we possibly consider these clubs our peers, some of their fans look down on us a little because we were such a laughing stock for so long.

I think there's a feeling among the fans who think that way that we're therefore undeserving of such a windfall, and that if anyone was going to be handed a free pass to have a go at the top four, they'd be much better candidates. Far from all of the fans of those clubs think like that, but maybe the ones who do also tend to be the ones who are more likely to sign up on this forum when we're linked over a protracted period with one of their players.

Re:

Dyed Petya said:
Shooter 83 said:

Clubs like Spurs, Villa and Everton have been the ones outside the top four who've probably performed most consistently over the last few years, and, though we have had excellent support through our dark days, they'd probably claim to be bigger than us - on the grounds that a big club doesn't spend the time we have over the last three decades outside the top flight or in the bottom half of it, or that it doesn't go 30-odd years without winning something. In other words, even if we possibly consider these clubs our peers, some of their fans look down on us a little because we were such a laughing stock for so long.

I think there's a feeling among the fans who think that way that we're therefore undeserving of such a windfall, and that if anyone was going to be handed a free pass to have a go at the top four, they'd be much better candidates. Far from all of the fans of those clubs think like that, but maybe the ones who do also tend to be the ones who are more likely to sign up on this forum when we're linked over a protracted period with one of their players.
Sorry mate ,i dont agree,they are green with envy and worried as f**K,same as Chelsea,Arsenal etc.
Why dont they call Newcastle a small club then?Fact is,in the 80's Everton & Spuds used to belong to the so called "big five",but not anymore and they don't like it.
Spuds and Everton are looked down on as small clubs by Arse and L/pool in their own Cities,it's all relative
As for Villa-they have been up & down like a hoars draws and they have never matched our gates or fan base.Fact is a big club should be judged as a priority on fan base.Are Blackburn bigger than us because they won the league a few years back?
Milk the tw*ts,they are lying if they say they wouldnt love to be in our position.

Re:

Dyed Petya said:
Shooter 83 said:

Petya , I don't think you give enough credit to the intelligence of many of the lads who visit your forum . I can assure you that some of these lads are forum admins , have kids in the Everton academy , and / or are very sensible and mature people with an indepth knowledge of the game .
With respect , many of us aren't kids , and infact 2 in particular are actually retired that I know of , and know more about both Everton and indeed City than a large section of your own membership here . Yes , there are many idiots that join too , but that can't be helped . It is afterall an unvetted procedure regarding membership here .

City have never been a laughing stock in football .
I think you need to put the relegations into the past now and move on . Many of us were around to witness one of the better periods in City's history , and if you are lucky , you'll get to see another .
It's good to have City as a permanent fitting within the Prem now , with a much better chance of competing and surviving .
Not all of us want you to fail . We simply hope to continue to be successful in our own right . It would be good for some of your fans to realise that many members here regardless of club have forgotten more about football than some of the others have learnt , and not presume everyone is out to put you down .

Petya , I don't think you give enough credit to the intelligence of many of the lads who visit your forum . I can assure you that some of these lads are forum admins , have kids in the Everton academy , and / or are very sensible and mature people with an indepth knowledge of the game .
With respect , many of us aren't kids , and infact 2 in particular are actually retired that I know of , and know more about both Everton and indeed City than a large section of your own membership here . Yes , there are many idiots that join too , but that can't be helped . It is afterall an unvetted procedure regarding membership here .

I think you need to put the relegations into the past now and move on . Many of us were around to witness one of the better periods in City's history , and if you are lucky , you'll get to see another .
It's good to have City as a permanent fitting within the Prem now , with a much better chance of competing and surviving .
Not all of us want you to fail . We simply hope to continue to be successful in our own right . It would be good for some of your fans to realise that many members here regardless of club have forgotten more about football than some of the others have learnt , and not presume everyone is out to put you down .

Thanks dsob. My visits to this forum are fairly intermittent, so I don't really know what's gone on here before with Everton fans. I've been on a lot more in the last couple of days because I'm working on a project and waiting for other people to do stuff before I get the green light to resume work on it. I responded to a question implying that there was quite a lot of bitterness from some opposing sets of fans, and on other boards in the past, I've seen arguments with some of those fans which have degenerated into, "You've never won anything," or, "You've got no history," or whatever. I therefore assumed that there'd been quite a lot of this on here recently.

This week, from an Everton perspective, I've only seen comments from you and from Toffee Andy and I have no problem with either of you, and I'm sorry if it sounded like a dig at decent Evertonians coming on here at the moment. And I agree that there are plenty of posters on here who are antagonistic towards reasonable posters from other clubs and who are empty-heads themselves. I've always enjoyed it when reasonable posters from other clubs appear as it gives a different perspective and can prvide some entertaining banter. I've also myself been a regular on boards from a couple of other clubs as well, so I do appreciate it from your side.

Re:

Dyed Petya said:

Thanks dsob. My visits to this forum are fairly intermittent, so I don't really know what's gone on here before with Everton fans. I've been on a lot more in the last couple of days because I'm working on a project and waiting for other people to do stuff before I get the green light to resume work on it. I responded to a question implying that there was quite a lot of bitterness from some opposing sets of fans, and on other boards in the past, I've seen arguments with some of those fans which have degenerated into, "You've never won anything," or, "You've got no history," or whatever. I therefore assumed that there'd been quite a lot of this on here recently.

This week, from an Everton perspective, I've only seen comments from you and from Toffee Andy and I have no problem with either of you, and I'm sorry if it sounded like a dig at decent Evertonians coming on here at the moment. And I agree that there are plenty of posters on here who are antagonistic towards reasonable posters from other clubs and who are empty-heads themselves. I've always enjoyed it when reasonable posters from other clubs appear as it gives a different perspective and can prvide some entertaining banter. I've also myself been a regular on boards from a couple of other clubs as well, so I do appreciate it from your side.

Nice to read .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.