Everton thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always thought the scousers were a bit too friendly with one another, imagine mancini rocking up at united, or we tried to bring baconfave back from the dead.

I look forward to the upcoming shirt burning scenes.

[/QUOTE]
I'm sure this game was mentioned in a book. I think word had gone around that some smackheads had been paid to attack the players if Everton went down and therefore the game was duly thrown. I believe Vinnie Jones in particular was a marked man.
To be fair if all the other teams had won, we would have been relegated regardless.
The torching of the Wimbledon bus the night before at the Lord Daresbury Hotel probably gave a hint of what was to follow. The atmosphere was nervous but incendiary and 2-0 in 20 minutes didn't look to good. Dean Holsworth missed an absolute sitter that would have made it 3-0.Joe Kinnear possibly rightly questioned some of the referees decisions. Fashanu giving high fives to the Everton players in the tunnel was a weird one. Rumours that Wimbledon players had bet on the game themselves

To be fair if all the other teams had won, we would have been relegated regardless.
The torching of the Wimbledon bus the night before at the Lord Daresbury Hotel probably gave a hint of what was to follow. The atmosphere was nervous but incendiary and 2-0 in 20 minutes didn't look to good. Dean Holsworth missed an absolute sitter that would have made it 3-0.Joe Kinnear possibly rightly questioned some of the referees decisions. Fashanu giving high fives to the Everton players in the tunnel was a weird one. Rumours that Wimbledon players had bet on the game themselves
[/QUOTE]
Segers may be the one who was caught in The Sun’s sting but there have been rumours for decades among people professionally involved in football that Fashanu was also massively on the take during his playing career

Good for both parties - Everton need a good manager and Benitez is a very good manager. His record at many clubs shows that he is imho a great manager. Everton fans need to get real and accept that he could turn them around and, with the financial backing Ancellotti had, push them from 10th into the top 6. I would put money on them now finishing better than their present 10th next season. Top 6 is the best they can reasonably expect but I wouldn't put it past Benitez to get there, and also to be canny enough to play decent teams in the cups to try to kickstart them with a trophy.
I understand that he never sold his home in the area so if he can make this his last job for the next several years, good for him.
Good luck to the toffees!

Always thought the scousers were a bit too friendly with one another, imagine mancini rocking up at united, or we tried to bring baconfave back from the dead.

I look forward to the upcoming shirt burning scenes.
Smile you little Neverton rat or we'll unplug your iron lung ..... La
LFC-Everton-kid.png

you know what at newcastle he did have the making of a good team and got some good contacts and scouts
but needed money and investment from the owner but we know what he was like. maybe everton should just give him a chance because with his knowledge and plays the game the right way you never know ? what harm can it do than be better than last season when you tailed off fast

everton will be still that team hard to beat at home and take points of some of the top 4 teams
If they’re hard to beat at home, that will be a great improvement on last season, as their home form was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.