Everton thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smile you little Neverton rat or we'll unplug your iron lung ..... La
LFC-Everton-kid.png
That little lad looks like he's scared of Suarez biting him.

I think his main objective should be to get rid of the deadwood in the squad. Interesting to see what he thinks of the likes of Tom Davies !!

Good for both parties - Everton need a good manager and Benitez is a very good manager. His record at many clubs shows that he is imho a great manager. Everton fans need to get real and accept that he could turn them around and, with the financial backing Ancellotti had, push them from 10th into the top 6. I would put money on them now finishing better than their present 10th next season. Top 6 is the best they can reasonably expect but I wouldn't put it past Benitez to get there, and also to be canny enough to play decent teams in the cups to try to kickstart them with a trophy.
I understand that he never sold his home in the area so if he can make this his last job for the next several years, good for him.
Good luck to the toffees!

If anything Benítez was even more hated at Chelsea than he will be at Everton. Now that really was a marriage made in hell! (Didn't last long, either)

Last edited:
It is bizarre that Benitez, who is rich enough to live anywhere, chose to base his family in the Wirral.

Does him choosing to live there not carry any weight with Everton fans?

Also has it been determined whether it was Everton or Liverpool fans who left the "We know where you live" banner near his house?

I think in talking about how dipper fans will feel about this, the comparison with Roberto at the rags doesn't quite stick, tbh. Yes, I would feel really hurt and betrayed. Roberto's relationship with this club will always be extra special. He gave us success after decades of crossing a desert of repeated failure. And he gave us that success against our bitterest rivals, who had lorded it over us for about half of that period. He also gave us, along with a certain Argentinian, a moment that will live on as a summit of elation for every blue throughout the world, match-going or not.
Benítez gave Liverpool success, for sure, but they hadn't exactly been deprived of it for decades at that point. And they hadn't had to suffer the arrogance of their immediate neighbours. Rather, the shoe is on the other foot. I can well imagine that Toffees will be seething about this. But Benítez's tenure with the club on the other side of Stanley Park is a fair way back now. And Liverpool have had success with Klopp since then. Anyway, very curious to see the atmosphere at the first match at Goodison.
One thing about the guy. He's got some cojones on him! First Chelsea, now this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.