Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait till you see the pile-on onto Everton now, driven by the US owners' cartel. Everton's problem is that, like City, they have the wrong sort of foreign owner. So Leeds and Burnley are demanding that Everton should be forced to retain all their data and face an indpendent financial investigation. So who is going to look into the books of Burnley and Leeds and their owners' relationships with other US-owned clubs, especially the ones who are just the other side of the park to Everton.
The whole thing stinks just like the witchhunt against City. Whatever you do in this country don't dare to invest in the local community and show some ambition for your business. I know for a fact, from my own reliable contacts, that behind the scenes LFC did everything they could to try and block Everton's new stadium development. That was just the first salvo. When are people going to start asking questions about the American takeover of English football?

Yes it’s ok for Burnley’s new US owners to buy the club without spending their own money and saddle it with huge levels of unsustainable debt. But it’s not ok for owners to invest their own money. That’s the crooked world of football finance.
The Yanks that buy Chelsea will do exactly the same , its the American business model put the club into mountains of debt and any profits pay the interest and line their own pockets with the balance.
In the meantime the investment in the team is minimal compared to a club like ours that has an owner who takes zilch out of the club and re-invests 100% , and yet we are the bad guys according to the media which is by and large contolled by Yanks.
No surprise there then , its about time the Premier league took their heads out of their arses and stop the drain of money from the game , money that could be invested in grass roots football in this country instead of buying shopping malls.

The Yanks that buy Chelsea will do exactly the same , its the American business model put the club into mountains of debt and any profits pay the interest and line their own pockets with the balance.
In the meantime the investment in the team is minimal compared to a club like ours that has an owner who takes zilch out of the club and re-invests 100% , and yet we are the bad guys according to the media which is by and large contolled by Yanks.
No surprise there then , its about time the Premier league took their heads out of their arses and stop the drain of money from the game , money that could be invested in grass roots football in this country instead of buying shopping malls.
Spot-on. The Glazers have done virtually nothing for the local community in Manchester (they gave more support to Trump's election campaign). They pay virtually no taxes in the UK. FSG don't do much more in Liverpool. Here's an example of the sort of PR bullshit they put out. They talk about social value of £23m from the LFC Foundation. It's just bollocks. What it means is they actually donated £1.5m to the local community. Total peanuts. See the link and see through the bullshit.

These clubs are just take take take. A total contrast to clubs like City and Everton who have led the way for years with their community work, no matter how poor they were on the field. These sharks from the US will destroy our sport. No one is scrutinising them. The media are just part of the problem.

When are people going to start asking questions about the American takeover of English football?

Sadly were too far gone already. They've bought the correct clubs and have enough mouthpieces in the right places to essentially rule the media perception, the image they're projecting is currently investors who pile money into the game = bad, which is basically anybody that isn't American. As we well know, the majority of idiots lap it up and take next to no convincing whilst they siphon millions and millions every year out of the game into their own pockets and funding their other interests unquestioned.

The only time this narrative will change now is once the Americans are in complete control and they start getting greedy again and campaigning for the next super league idea. They cocked it up big time at their first attempt, I don't think they'll be so naïve and stupid next time. bit by bit they'll change the game how they want it and there's almost enough of them already for it to be impossible to stop.

I'm just glad city, the team that's apparently ruined football for the last 14 years will ironically be one of the few teams that aren't responsible for actually ruining football.

I don’t even know why they’re arsed about BM. I mean, hello? Anfield? Right there? Ginormous stadium?

See Lampard is getting stick in the media for not improving our league position.

These people obviously have no clue about what was going on. Yes he didnt improve the position, but the club was on its knees when he come in.

Ex Liverpool manager who was past it brought in against some of the board and majority of the fans wishes. Popular staff were fired by Benitez, he picked a fight with the DoF, sold one of our dressing room leaders in Digne and one of our most creative in James. Picked other fights too. Fanbase were fractured, aiming frustration at the board and players. The players were devoid of confidence and disillusioned with his style.

Lampard has managed to instill a bit of confidence and spirit in the team. Its widely reported that the dresding room and around the club is happier and more settled under him. He has managed to unite a fanbase and obviously avoided the drop when under Benitez, it was a certainty.

The last 8 games, only City, RS and Newcastle have earned more points. Considering we faced Chelsea, Utd and Leicester twice thats a decent return.

So no on the surface he hasnt done well, but when you look deeper he's done brilliantly considering what he walked into, which is what outsiders dont realise.

He may turn out to be great, average or poor but we need stability now with a few top 10 finishes or so for a few years and I hope he's the one to bring that.
Tbf James would have left anyway, he only came to us because of Ancelotti and once Ancelotti was gone, he wanted out.

Calvert-Lewin is off this summer, very likely Richarlison as well. Thank fuck we have Gordon, at least.

It really is weird. Every year Everton will have filed their accounts. They will retain all documentation relating to the business for 7 years as is the law..... so who are these yank wanks to demand nothing is destroyed ?
Everton have done plenty to piss me off, the covid shite for one, but to see Leeds and Burnley threatening court action !
I hope next season Newcastle are second behind us, Everton 3rd.

If he means the hateful eight or nincompoop nine, we’re Everton not one of those?
I meant the hateful ones tbh, we all know about the ffp orchestrators but i feel they were quiet pleased with it as city were made to go through it or may be its figment of my imagination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.