Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put it above but do you think anyone else can get more from that team, over the last few months with the players that have been missing? They started great with a full squad to go at, went south when they dropped like flies.
I know what you mean.

But Rafa is one stubborn git. We have two youngsters who have shown promising form. Now they may be useless if they come on? but we will never know as he refuses to play them. Just give them a go. Rondon is so bad it is untrue, but Rafa loves him. He sets us up in midfield to get run over, and we do.

5 points from 30 is enough to say "Thanks, but no thanks" Only so many excuses can be made for some players being injured.

I have no idea who could do a better job, but I have no idea who would actually want the Everton job either. The club is in turmoil. I love this club, but this will never work with him in charge.

Our away fans turned on him after the sub. Surely that is the death bell ringing.

Had me moan. Off to shout "WHY!" very loudly from my doorstep

I know what you mean.

But Rafa is one stubborn git. We have two youngsters who have shown promising form. Now they may be useless if they come on? but we will never know as he refuses to play them. Just give them a go. Rondon is so bad it is untrue, but Rafa loves him. He sets us up in midfield to get run over, and we do.

5 points from 30 is enough to say "Thanks, but no thanks" Only so many excuses can be made for some players being injured.

I have no idea who could do a better job, but I have no idea who would actually want the Everton job either. The club is in turmoil. I love this club, but this will never work with him in charge.

Our away fans turned on him after the sub. Surely that is the death bell ringing.

Had me moan. Off to shout "WHY!" very loudly from my doorstep
Can’t always blame injuries but a transfer window not being backed and then your best players being out for large periods makes it a tough ask for anybody. Just don’t see the point in sacking him given the circumstances

Hard to make a case for him staying now - beaten 5-2 by Watford, 3-1 today. His tactics and decisions during play are shocking. How long can he be given - end of season, another transfer window. Can see no point in continuing with him as of now as his days are marked as they were from day one really. No one really wants him there and it was only ever going to end in tears.

Despite being from across the park (or across the mersey) I have nothing against Everton and apart from twice a year am (quite) happy to see them doing well.
It really is strange seeing what has happened to them since the heady days when Moshiri first arrived and there was so much excitement and anticipation.
The seemingly non stop arrival of 50mill midfielders was a little odd which did appear to help in the short term. With Ancellotti and that midfield of Rodriguez/Allan/Doucoure I really thought they would do something.
Ancellotti going though I think really did deflate alot of people, maybe calling into question the direction and whether there was any real stability??
Certainly injuries this season havent helped and with the coffers seemingly bare, things look tough.
But is getting rid of RB really the answer? Surely you have to trust him and the money that you would undoubtedly have to cough up in sacking compensation could be better invested in a striker (Toney or even Martial)?
Obviously the question is would they come?

Everton is rotten to the core, needs a clear out from top to bottom. Rafa was a pointless appointment as a manager, the fans will never ever take to him. I don't blame him for the current predicament the club is in, but he chooses the players and team from the squad he has. Part of me thinks he won't change the team as this is his get out of jail card. " we have poor squad depth and injuries, so who do I play". Rather than dropping some of those useless cunts and putting a kid in, that might just turn a game for him. Only people who seem to be saying we should stick with him are kopites.

Everton is rotten to the core, needs a clear out from top to bottom. Rafa was a pointless appointment as a manager, the fans will never ever take to him. I don't blame him for the current predicament the club is in, but he chooses the players and team from the squad he has. Part of me thinks he won't change the team as this is his get out of jail card. " we have poor squad depth and injuries, so who do I play". Rather than dropping some of those useless cunts and putting a kid in, that might just turn a game for him. Only people who seem to be saying we should stick with him are kopites.
LOL, true, it does appear that way. ...but I am not saying to keep him out of any desire for it be like "Agent Rafa". i just see that you will have to fork out a huge compensation package for getting rid of him and then getting someone new in, who may not do the trick. unless that is you can get Ferguson back to take charge again.
If money is something of the issue then that would only reduce what you have to spend.
That said, whilst Rafa won us something he is a stubborn bastard and does make some questionable decisions.
I still cannot fathom why he went chasing Barry all those years ago when he had Alonso, who then went on to have many more great years with RM & BM.
I do think that RB does like the role of martyr though. Poor me, that big bad Mr Ashley/Moshiri won't give me any money!!!

Chants of FSW during the Palace game, the writing is on the wall for him and he will definitely not be the Everton manager at the end of the season ( if not the year). Give him his last pay off as it will be far cheaper to do that than lose the revenue from the PL.
As a person he is probably a decent person, but as a tactician and manager he is absolutely clueless. The team went into it with a rare but welcome win v Arsenal and now play Chelsea on Thursday lacking in confidence and preparing for a hammering. He obviously cannot motivate a team and it's hard to see where his allies are in it. I think he knows the reality of what is about to happen and has prepared himself for it.
On a brighter note the club are later today announcing a sponsorship deal with a town in Wales - DLLLDLLLWL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.